Ridiculous ways wrestling has worked itself into your everyday life

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Reading this thread has reassured me I'm not crazy!

I do the Flair flop onto the bed, the Dolph hair flick after a shower, the Lesnar hop, and the slapping fences pretending it's a crowd thing.

My flat also has motion sensor lights, so when I hear the click I time it so that in the second it takes after for the lights to come on, I raise my hands in the air like The Undertaker. I've Stunnered more than one flatmate too, got one 9 times in a day once. Gave him a slight black eye on one.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

I often Fargo Strut across the office. I have days where I "Whoooo" as often as possible, which has brought me to the attention of some fellow fans who I would never have thought would have loved wrestling.

• Paid Members

(sigh) Where to begin. Any of you left that don't think I'm a complete tool probably will after I get through this.

• Whenever somebody introduces me to a third party in a social setting, if the third party extends a hand to shake, I get tempted to pause and look at the introducing party the way a babyface asks the crowd for trust/approval before shaking the tweener/newly-turned heel's hand. I sometimes do it, depending on if it matters whether this third party thinks I'm a knob or not.
  • I have about five pillows at the top of my bed. Whenever I arrange them, I am powerless to simply arrange them as opposed to "suplexing" them into the spots I want them in.
  • If I get to the bottom of a flight of stairs and there is nobody else around, I will jump down the last four or five steps performing a double axe-handle as I do.
  • If I have to stand and wait anywhere alone for an extended length of time I will occasionally throw gentle forearm smashes at the wall, enough to make a good sound but not enough to hurt myself. Or sometimes I'll do Musawa roaring elbows to people that aren't there.
  • When I first get into my dressing gown, I'll do a little turn like I'm Flair in the aisle.
  • When football pundits mention playing with flair, I will permit myself to go "WHOOOO!" if there are people around that get it.
  • When I'm watching a football match if the crowd are chanting/singing anything that proves a point I've been making or that I want the other viewers to pay attention to, I'll do the Hogan ear-cup. Don't get to do it very often, but it is weirdly satisfying. Ideally if I watch a game with a fan of another team, they point out they think one of our players is shit, said player scores, crowd sing his name - ear-cup.
  • I'm fucking brilliant whenever US state capitals comes up on Eggheads or Pointless. "Idaho? Fucking Boise, isn't it. They had a Nitro there."
  • I have a couple of mates that we greet each other with the nWo finger-kiss (for want of a better phrase) and a customary "Hey yo." I wish I was making it up. Me and my tallest mate occasionally do the Shawn/Diesel really high five too.
  • I never trust women because they all turn heel in the end.

OK, that last one is a joke. But people do "turn heel" in my life. I've been saying it so long, my mates that have never watched wrestling know what I mean. When somebody seems OK often for a long period of time, but then either seemingly overnight or with a single incident transform into a dickhead, they've turned heel.

OH, and when I was in retail banking, when I was doing a presentation in front of the divisional sales manager, area director and assorted other superiors, I snuck a slide of Hulk Hogan in at the end, after the meat of the presentation had finished, so that with a deft double-click, anybody still looking at the screen would have seen The Hulkster for like a half-second before it changed to that "END OF SLIDE SHOW, PRESS F5 TO RUN AGAIN" black screen.

This was the pic :

tumblr_mvx5dv7p5e1svsahho1_1280.jpg

Edited by air_raid

Whenever I'm jogging down the stairs of my house I'll jump the last few and raise my elbow as if I was going to drop a Bret hart style elbow only I land on my feet and then go about my day. Done it for years and probably will do it for many more.

[*]I have about five pillows at the top of my bed. Whenever I arrange them, I am powerless to simply arrange them as opposed to "suplexing" them into the spots I want them in.

I clothesline my pillows sometimes when I'm really frustrated about something. Proper stiff arse JBL clotheslines.

I seem to have a habit of doing the CM Punk hand roll thing, where he puts his hands together in front of him and swivels them around.

Also just in general I seem to think I move about like Shawn Michaels doing a sort of HBK-esque dance a lot of the time, at work when I'm on the floor sorting out a low down shelf I do the fast hop up like he does.

I got a few;

* I cannot say "Saphire" without a Dusty voice

* I also climb ladders far too slowly

* Getting from one side of the bed to the other is almost always done by taking an armdrag (from no one)

* Many a door at work gets a flying shoulder block

* The terms "Face/Heel turn" get used in every film or show where a character changes sides

* Walking through any curtains requires an entrance pose on the other side

* My cat suffers random chin locks from me on a regular basis, it can't just be me....

• Paid Members

I used to do the thing that Eric Bischoff used to do with a mic where he'd sort of bounce it in his hand a bit before he spoke.* Not with a mic, though, but with cutlery and remote controls and what-have-you.

(* This is going to end up in that fucking 'That's What She Said' thread, isn't it?)

• Paid Members
* My cat suffers random chin locks from me on a regular basis, it can't just be me....

The biggest cat I ever had used to repeatedly end up in a sort of Torture Rack position with his hind legs resting one shoulder, his front legs on the other, and his belly curled around the back of my neck. Never seemed to bother him so he must have been comfortable. Unfortunately he died a couple of years ago from a non Luger-related ailment.