Ridiculous ways wrestling has worked itself into your everyday life

HarmonicGenerator

I have said "no sell" a few times then worked out what a said and felt like a right tool. Someone asked me how my dog was after he broke his tail. My answer was "he is no selling it"

I wish i had died.

If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure that isn't just a wrestling term.

I do the hair slicking too, but in Flair mode. It happens when I play a practical joke on someone or lay down a particularly piercing bit of verbiage or whatever the case. The ideal scenario of course is those around me lapping it up, with the 'victim' coming towards me slowly in a faux threatening manner. It was always a natural reaction. Do the whole Flair backing up, hands through the hair, that whole almost slow motion North Carolina laugh thing he's got going on. I never throw in the woo though. I don't want to be too much of a mark.

I do the hand slapping thing too all the time. It's extra cool if I'm going down a narrow alley or street with bushes or fences on both side so my two arms can reach. The Hammerstein Ballroom.

Ladders are a fairly obvious one. Can any of us honestly look at one without an inward grin? The ceiling isn't high enough to hand the belt off anyway, it would never work.

And, sadly, if I'm a bit pissed walking home late at night and I have the headphones in ... well ... you know when you 'walk with purpose'? Yeah. Don't need to explain that one.

I superkick light switches far too often. I'll be sorry when I can no longer switch on the light because I've kicked the switch off the wall.

THIS is amazing and i am trying it as soon as i get home from work!

Whenever someone threatens me (never serious like, just mates), I'll wiggle my fingers at them as if I'm Scott Hall

When i used to play for a local fottie team, the few occasions i scored i would do the randy orton pose (non wrestling fans assumed i was doing the Cantona but wrong)

I now extend the "awe" of the word awesome

whenever i sign for a parcel i slam the pen thingy down and act as if i'm in a contract signing

whenever i sign for a parcel i slam the pen thingy down and act as if i'm in a contract signing

I really like the visual of someone taking this all the way at a job interview or something.

Now hold on just a minute, playa.

• Paid Members
I have said "no sell" a few times then worked out what a said and felt like a right tool. Someone asked me how my dog was after he broke his tail. My answer was "he is no selling it"

I wish i had died.

If it makes you feel any better I'm pretty sure that isn't just a wrestling term.

A little yes

• Paid Members
Also, if I'm drunk and walking past a fence which has gaps between the posts I'll slap them like they are fans hands walking down the aisle.

Christ, I do that all the time. I've done that since I was 6. Occasionally I'll shout "that's right baby, right here" as if words of encouragement are being launched in my direction from the masses. I also used to like shaking the radiator, Ultimate Warrior style.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I take far longer to climb ladders than I ought to.

Ha, I used to do that one. Slowly set it up... reposition it slightly to make sure it's in the right spot...'test' how sturdy it is... step slowly up onto each individual rung one at a time... pausing on each to look up and test my reach. Wrestling made me forget how to climb ladders properly :-(

Only other one I can remember is each time I would walk past a mesh fence, I tended to grab it and give it a little shake every few metres along, like a wrestler who'd just stepped into a steel cage feeling his way around.

EDIT: Oh, and the Brock Lesnar/Bobby Lashley double-foot single leap up small flights of steps....

Edited by Big Benny HG

guy 'borrowed' my Powerslams and didnt return them = Sweet Chin music that ended in a burst lip

second guy I hit a stunner on in class, I either knocked out, or he sold it like a motherfucker and stayed down for ages

no signs of wrestling in last 13 years