Weather Warnings

The Invisible Boy

Okay so I'm sure everyone has heard about these weather warnings concerning the next few days. Storms, strong winds, heavy rain and what not.

How worried should we be though?

Just wondering as I'm a baker and I have a 5am start on Monday morning and I can't drive, buses aren't around early enough to get me to work so I usually cycle in, it's normally about a half an hour/45 minute cycle but I usually leave at 3:30am as it gives me a bit of time so that I'm not rushing and gives me time to change and stuff when I get there, get the ovens switched on and so on.

Right so I'm just wondering as there's been a yellow alert of wind and the rain is supposed to be very heavy in the area I cycle through. I'm definitely alright with it, slightly excited to be honest but at the same time one or two people have warned me and I don't really fancy being one of those people who you hear about on the news who's been killed by a piece of a roof or tree falling on them. I do always wear a helmet and a high visibility top too.

So do you reckon I'll be alright cycling in?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Storm is supposed to hit the bottom of England. Swaying in from the west. It might not even hit us at all and hit the Frenchies. If it does hit us, I'd batten down the hatches down London way.

I'd probably lock up the bicycle now until about March, especially if you're going out in the mornings. Too dodgy now.

Storm is supposed to hit the bottom of England. Swaying in from the west. It might not even hit us at all and hit the Frenchies. If it does hit us, I'd batten down the hatches down London way.

According to Absolute Radio news reports this morning, the storm will first attack the South West of England late on tonight / early tomorrow morning and then make it

I'm off to Sittingbourne for RevPro this afternoon, in two minds about how to get there. Cutting down on drink at the mo, and was looking forward to tonight being my chance to enjoy my couple of beers for the week. But the train websites are all warning of impending doom and cancellations, so I'm thinking I might be better off driving so I don't get stranded. What a dilemma.

• Paid Members

Man, I know it will probably badly affect some people, but I love this kind of weather. The wind right now is being awesome. I'm gonna just chill, watch UFC then Hopkins then Spurs, and enjoy the fact that the storm is outside while I'm in.`

I'm shitting it. If only because earlier this week when London had heavy rain, it started to pour through the light socket in the bedroom and stream down the walls. We've got scaffold up outside, but the fella isn't coming to investigate it till tomorrow or Tuesday.

According to Absolute Radio news reports this morning, the storm will first attack the South West of England late on tonight / early tomorrow morning and then make it

• Paid Members
I'd probably lock up the bicycle now until about March, especially if you're going out in the mornings. Too dodgy now.

What do you expect to happen over the next five months, armfuckinggeddon?! Baz is being a big girl. Although tomorrow might be touch and go for cycling (I hope not, I cycle to the train station), lord knows why you wouldn't cycle in the winter other than the very rare heavy snowfall days.

• Paid Members

Baz is being a big girl.

Probably right. I'm very paranoid on the bike now though after having a rather dodgy fall off it, during Winter, two years ago. Fell funny too. Came off it sideways like I was getting tossed over the top rope or something. Done a somersault and landed on my back with the bike narrowly missing me. Paranoid about it ever since. Lucky if I've been on it twice this year and I always used to go on it.

• Paid Members
I'm very paranoid on the bike now though after having a rather dodgy fall off it, during Winter, two years ago. Fell funny too. Came off it sideways like I was getting tossed over the top rope or something. Done a somersault and landed on my back with the bike narrowly missing me. Paranoid about it ever since. Lucky if I've been on it twice this year and I always used to go on it.

Now I fell bad for calling you a big girl :(

The wind doesn't seem too terrible to be honest, but they've still cancelled all overground trains going until at least 10 so they can assess the lines! For crying out loud. Work from home day then.

Archived