UFC 167: St Pierre vs Hendricks

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I agree with your prediction Jim. I still find Hendricks an interesting challenge just because of his one punch power and his wrestling background. But I see GSP just being better all-round. I think if Hendricks doesn't land the death blow early on, then it's GSP all the way for me. Hendricks is fucking lethal early, as Fitch and Kampmann found out the hard way. But guys who have been able to get through that like Condit, Koscheck and Story, have given him some trouble.

Vaughan Lee is out of the fight with Sergio Pettis. WEC veteran Will Campuzano will now fight Pettis. Still a fun fight.

Campuzano is an exciting fighter so look forward to seeing him in the UFC. He had a great short fight with Damacio Page in the WEC and an even better one with Eddie Wineland at WEC 49 (which tends to be forgotten as it was on the same show as the Mark Hominick/Yves Joabouin one).

• Paid Members

Without looking the event up (must've been WEC 50-something) because I can't be arsed, I remember him having a really fun prelim fight with Coty Wheeler where he threw about 50 flying knees or something as well. The video of the fight popped up in the days after the event but I've never found it online since.

• Paid Members

Seen some people tweeting that the last episode of the Prime Time for this is a must-see. It's very much not.

I'll save you the time: GSP is good at MMA, Hendricks is good at MMA, they've both been training hard. That's it.

• Paid Members

It's weird because the one with GSP and Condit was the same kind of deal but gave you a good insight into Condit and made you interested in seeing him fight. This one was just like watching an episode of the Ultimate Fighter cut down to just the training sessions.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I must be honest, I'm not feeling this Primetime so much. I'm really interested in this fight and I can't wait for Saturday. But where Primetime usually adds to that and heightens my anticipation, this hasn't really done anything to get me more hyped than I was.

In fact, I only watched episode 2 about 2 days ago, and pretty much the only thing I remember about it, is thinking Johny Hendricks is punching way above his weight when I saw his wife. That's literally the only thing I remember about episode 2.

agreed wand. she is a top catch.

Talking about punching above their weight, i only found out last night that Rener Gracie is shoving his penis up Eve Torres! what a jammy fucker.

Rener is not bad looking though, a bit above his weight, but not the difference that Hendricks and his other half have.

• Paid Members
Wonder if he posts on forums and lists his location as from "Eve Torres' guard"? :laugh:

Probably too busy in her guard for real. But I see what you did there. At least he'd be telling the truth though.

Oddly, Hendricks without the full beard, looks like a sawn off Andrei Arlovski;

Hendricks-Johny-WEC37-2.jpg

You'd think the beard would make him look even more like big Andrei but it just makes him look like a terrorist.

Who's everyone picking for Chael vs Rashad? That's the toughest one to call on the card for me. I think I'm leaning towards Rashad but he's so inconsistent these days who knows how he'll show up.

Archived