Most Hated Person in Wrestling (shoot)

IronSheik

Wasn't there a story about Bret asking the locker room about paying Dynamite a visit during a UK tour in the 90's and in the end only he was willing to even go see him?

I think even Bret fell out with him in the end.

Bret States in his book that only the nasty boys and chief strongbow went to visit dynamite. He was living in a shit hole according to Bret. Bret stopped contacting dynamite after Helen's death due to a load of shite he wrote in his book. Although Bret did say it was because dyno had included a story about stu scooping up at sit with a spatula he was making eggs with, probably more to it than that though. Who doesn't like cat shit poached eggs on a sunday.

Aplogies for the shitness of the above post. iPhone and fat thumbs render me useless.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Wasn't there a story about Bret asking the locker room about paying Dynamite a visit during a UK tour in the 90's and in the end only he was willing to even go see him?

I think even Bret fell out with him in the end.

In Bret's book, he tells a story about visiting Dynamite then and it being this horrible council estate with burnt out cars on the lawn and Dynamite keeps saying stuff like "Yeah the niggers did that. Bloody niggers." So Bret says, anyway. 'xpect Dynamite then told him, with tears in his eyes, how the Hitman was his hero, and the best of all time.

• Paid Members

Do you think, that even in a business such as wrestling, that the bitterness of Bret and Dyno combined outweighs everyone elses in the industry? I can imagine the two of them talking together these days. Will be like Statler and Waldorf on a fucking comedown.

I forgot about Mr Warrior Man... Old Jim Hellwig has a mountain of heat in the business. Probably jealously makes up a fair amount of it, but also the fact he wasn't in-love with the wrestling business. Then you've got the fact he susupposedly held Vince up at the eleventh hour before a PPV (was it summer slam?) which isn't very endearing...

that story is depended on who you want to believe.

I) On the one side, you have the story of Warrior having his head up his own arse and holding Vince up demanding more money or hes just going to leave,

II) the other side is Vince hadn't paid Warrior what he had promised him for his Wrestlemania (VII vs. Randy Savage) payoff (Warrior claimed Vince owed him in upwards of $100k) from earlier in the year.

Now I don't know how the business worked back then, but nowadays the performers tend to get paid all their salary/royalties/bonuses etc. post Wrestlemania due to the amount of PPV shows. Back in 1991 when there were only 4 PPV's a year (I know 1991 had 'This Tuesday In Texas', but obviously the Warrior/Vince incident happened before that) it may have been that they got paid royalties/bonuses after each PPV. So if Vince hadn't paid Warrior what he owed him, you can see why Warrior went into business for himself, whether it was right to or not

Archived