Most Hated Person in Wrestling (shoot)

IronSheik

Who in your opinion is the most hated person in wrestling?

From what I've seen on shoot interviews and fan forums - Vince Russo probably gets the most stick. I have grown to actually respect the guys work for the undeniable entertainment value.

Hogan and Vince are also bad mouthed alot, but these three guys all had positions of power, which inevitably makes people jealous and hate them.

Tom Billington is a guy who appears to be universally hated despite not having any control or power in a booking sense. Mostly people say he was a little fuckin bully. I've heard / read so many people call him a 'piece of shit' most recently Rick Steiner.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
When did Rick Steiner and Dynamite Kid ever cross paths?

Japan, I'd imagine. Dyno wrestled for All Japan on and off (usually tagging with Johnny Smith) between 91 and 93, during which time the Steiners were back and forth turning out for New Japan. Gaijins tend to find each other, so it's not much of a stretch that the Steiners and Dynamite met at least a few times.

At one point Teddy Hart had left a long line of people pissed off. Would say he was fairly hated back then.

Not many people are universally hated when you think about it; The Kliq, Russo, Bradshaw, Holly, JR.. they all have their friends and enemies. Heard nobody liked Renee Dupree though, especially his Resistance tag partners.

It's a weird business. No one genuinely seems to like or dislike anyone else, really. They just make dispassionate evaluations of how much money someone can make them, or publicity they can get from them, at any given time. And, if you don't have any worth, or are actively costing someone money then they'll trash you mercilessly. Sometimes, you can even make money by selling sensational stories about how much of a prick someone is.

They're all carnie's/mercenaries/pricks, basically.

• Paid Members

Just a word on Hogan - while there are plenty of people with words to stay about the man as a politician, the prevailing attitude seems to be that personally he's a lovely bloke.

At one point Teddy Hart had left a long line of people pissed off.

Nobody of consequence though.

• Paid Members

Teddy Hart's one of the more popular men on the indies now. Every shoot interview you see, people seem to have embraced how weird he is and take it as a unique experience to hang around someone so off the wall. He was hated because of several big incidents in a row, which did him no favours. Its understated, but he did quite a bit to enhance his reputation among the wrestlers who he did wrong. Like getting people booked on shows and flying people in and stuff like that. He bought CM Punk a suit for the Hall of Fame back in 2007 (this was when Punk wasn't make huge money), so they've been pals ever since that. Which is amazing consider how much they despised each other in 2004.

He'll never be back in WWE, though. I think the ultimate piss take they gave him was releasing him and telling him to go to Mexico to learn psychology.

At one point Teddy Hart had left a long line of people pissed off.

Nobody of consequence though.

Well you say that, but I disagree. He's been sacked from WWE at least twice, due to his attitude. He was the youngest person ever to sign from WWE, that says a lot. He's good, but hasn't had the career he should've, or would've, had he not been such a dick.

He'll never be back in WWE, though. I think the ultimate piss take they gave him was releasing him and telling him to go to Mexico to learn psychology.

Being a regular member of the AAA stunt show brigade is probably a masterclass in what not do when it comes to psychology. Logical people probably should learn from those matches where people hurl themselves off high things without the camera on them that this is really not the style of match you want to be doing.

• Paid Members
Well you say that, but I disagree. He's been sacked from WWE at least twice, due to his attitude.

Oh, I thought you were on about that stretch when he burned bridges with TNA which at the time really didn't matter, a couple of months after pissing off ROH, which never mattered, and stealing Deranged's car and girlfriend and heading for the border for a bit of a laugh.

Nipping up after absorbing a Juvi Driver was hilarious.

Archived