RDW / GWA - Grimsby 29/11 & Skegness 30/11 UPDATED

Over the next few months Real Deal Wrestling and Grimsby Wrestling Academy will be holding several events in and around Lincolnshire.

For those who have not attend one of our shows our roster is made up of a mixture of local, National and touring International talent.

Brigg - Saturday 26th October - RDW

The Ancholme Leisure Centre

Doors @ 7pm / First Bell @ 7:30pm

Robbie X vs. Davey Richards

Stixx vs. Havok

Sykes & King Kendo vs. Spyda & Ultimo Dragon

Simon Lancaster vs. Behman Ali

Will Jackson vs. Darren Dean

GWA women's guest match

Bar and Parking Available

Tickets:

Ultimo Dragon & Davey Richards Training Seminar in Grimsby:

ULTIMO DRAGON TRAINING SEMINAR

SATURDAY 26TH OCTOBER

Ultimo Dragon will be holding an exclusive training seminar at GWA's training facility on Saturday 26th October 2013

This is your chance to get in the ring and learn from a professional wrestler who has held championships on every continent for every major wrestling promotion.

The seminar will cost

• 2 weeks later...
wait, unless i am mistaken i am sure that davey richards is booked to be on a show that i am going to tommorow for a fed in birmingham :-/

To confirm Davey Richards will be in Brigg on Saturday to take on Robbie X, he will not be in Birimingham this Saturday as his scheduled appearance was cancelled by the promotion.

Davey is really looking forward to this great opportunity to take on one of Britain's brightest young talents in Robbie X and we are grateful to Real Deal Wrestling for putting this together at such short notice.

Good crowd there last night, maybe between 130 and 150 many of whom were very familiar with the RDW product which hasn't been as noticeable on previous shows in Brigg.

1. Davey Richards beat Robbie X with a Double Stomp from the top rope.

Excellent back-&-forth match and Davey put Robbie over on the mic after the match. He said another wrestler (didn't hear who due to the dodgy microphone) returned to America a while ago raving about how good some guy called Robbie X is. Davey had never heard of him, but due to some "idiot promoter" letting him down RDW were able to add him to their show and see first hand this kid is. He ended by saying he is the best in the world right now, but Robbie has more natural talent than he ever had.

2. A big Asian fella (not the advertised Behman Ali) beat Simon Lancaster with a sidewalk slam.

Not on the level of match #1 but a good performance from Lancaster. He used to work where I now work so we have a lot of mutual friends who, to be honest, found it hilarious that he actually has become a wrestler. But I'll be telling the lads tomorrow morning that he really does know what he's doing.

The finish came quite suddenly as the match was building nicely, but Lancaster appeared to be injured so they maybe had to skip to the end. This was confirmed at the interval when the ring announcer had to carry him outside for a smoke.

3. Stixx beat RDW Champion Havok via count out.

This only went a few minutes before Havok deliberately got counted out in order to keep his Title. Stixx then did a promo where he booked himself in a rematch later in the show which would be a lumberjack match.

4. Ultimo Dragon & Spyda beat King Kendo & Sykes when Ultimo did the Dragon DDT on Sykes.

My expectations were low, Dragon would probably only do a few spots early than the other guy would get a two-on-one beating before the goodies come back at the end and win. That is what happened but that's not a bad thing, it's a good thing. Spyda, as with Robbie X earlier, did not look at all out of place in the ring with a big name import. King Kendo came out with the Kendo Nagasaki fencing mask and cape, but removed them to reveal a generic highspots mask and Vader-like physique. Post-match Sykes thanked Dragon & Spyda and shook their hands in a well-received face turn.

5. Some guy dressed like Lemmy from Mot

dopper 1. Davey Richards beat Robbie X with a Double Stomp from the top rope.

Excellent back-&-forth match and Davey put Robbie over on the mic after the match. He said another wrestler (didn't hear who due to the dodgy microphone) returned to America a while ago raving about how good some guy called Robbie X is. Davey had never heard of him, but due to some "idiot promoter" letting him down RDW were able to add him to their show and see first hand this kid is. He ended by saying he is the best in the world right now, but Robbie has more natural talent than he ever had.

I would hazard a guess the wrestler Richards mentioned putting Robbie over was Jay Lethal as Lethal said the best match he had on his UK tour was with Robbie.

EZ

• Paid Members
dopper 1. Davey Richards beat Robbie X with a Double Stomp from the top rope.

I would hazard a guess the wrestler Richards mentioned putting Robbie over was Jay Lethal as Lethal said the best match he had on his UK tour was with Robbie.

EZ

Yeah it was , Davey stayed at mine on the Saturday night and said Jay hadn't stopped raving about Robbie since he got back. Davey thought Robbie was excellent and can't believe that he is only 18. I think both of them wished that they had got a bit longer and maybe a higer place on the card but it was a late booking so guess that couldn't have been helped.

I very nearly done the match myself and if Davey comes back it's certainly one that I want to do.

Yeah, with a bit more time this could have been something really special.

There is a preview of the upcoming DVD/Blu-Ray release on RDW's Facebook page at the moment with highlights of this match.

No offence to the guys doing commentary, but I'm hoping there is an option on that DVD/Blu Ray to play the show without it. :unsure:

No offence to the guys doing commentary, but I'm hoping there is an option on that DVD/Blu Ray to play the show without it. :unsure:

The two lads were scheduled to be on the bill but offered to sit out to make space for Davey and Robbie. The media production company asked for volunteers to try their hand at commentary and they offered. I have yet to see the completed DVD but if the commentary is a bad as the preview shows it to be then the commentary will be re-recorded with Imedia's regular commentary team.

That been said, I would just like to say thank-you to the two lads for all of their help at the event and for having a go and also for offering up their spots on the card for the benefit of the show.

Archived