Riddick Bowe to make pro wrestling debut in 2014

Big Benny HG

I think it's less a case of WWE not wanting Styles and more a case of they just aren't sucked into the hype that Styles and his fans believe about how much AJ is worth. AJ has no role or purpose in WWE. He wouldn't a WWE title contender, he would be stuck in a RVD/Christian midcard role, maybe rubbing shoulders with Del Rio and the likes in TV main events. He's below average in the charisma and rubbish on the mic. For all the good matches we could see with Ziggler or Kofi, it's not like WWE are screaming out for brilliant in-ring workers, they have plenty of those already. Fair enough if he was going cheap but Styles obviously feels he's worth more than WWE did.

Christ, this is such a boring argument.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Top guys outside the none WWE wrestlers. Hogan was making 3 times more than him, Jeff Hardy makes 3 times more than him, Stings making twice as much, as does Angle and Bischoff was making more than twice as much (as sad as that sounds). Flair was making more than him, even though he didn't wrestle. RVD was. AJ's deal worked where he signed a deal in 2009 and it stated he received a pay rise each year. And when it came to re-negotiating it, they said they couldn't and this is where they stand now.

What is strange about AJ is that he always came off as a massive mark for himself. Like every interview he's ever done. You'd think he'd have took the risk to go to WWE.

I don't know the specific numbers, do you?

Whatever they are I'm amazed he was making "that much". If you're making anywhere near as much as a third of what Hogan is making and half what Sting is making you must be on a good wedge.

I've got nothing against the guy so I hope it all works out well for him, but should he have swallowed his pride and agreed to stick on what he is on as he's a team player with a view to re-negotiating in 12 months? Of course that assumes he needs the dosh. Maybe he has squirreled his nuts away as you suggested earlier today and can tell them to spin on it.

Archived