Riddick Bowe to make pro wrestling debut in 2014

Big Benny HG

Must be an eye opener for Styles that as one of TNA's top stars that WWE hasnt come calling.

The likes of Booker, Nash, even Gunn & Road dog went back, and you know theyd have a 'clean' Angle & Hardy back and would love Sting & yet no great offer for AJ.

The issue of course being that whilst Aj can wrestle great he has zero charisma and no standout look. He really should have worked on that by now imho

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
AJ works for an indie promotion that happens to be on TV. He would offer WWE nothing in my opinion, and that opinion is obviously shared by WWE.

Bollocks and bollocks. He owns his own home, saved him money and has became very wealthy from wrestling while seeing his kid grow. Most of the WWE roster of the last 20 years cant say that. He picked family and money and the ability to work the kind of matches he wants over working for WWE and getting famous. I'd rather be AJ Styles than R-Truth, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder or the countless other members of the WWE roster who just sit there waiting for the phone to ring so they can do a personal appearance. WWE is a revolving door. Styles has had consistent employment for 12 years.

AJ works for an indie promotion that happens to be on TV. He would offer WWE nothing in my opinion, and that opinion is obviously shared by WWE.

Bollocks and bollocks. He owns his own home, saved him money and has became very wealthy from wrestling while seeing his kid grow. Most of the WWE roster of the last 20 years cant say that. He picked family and money and the ability to work the kind of matches he wants over working for WWE and getting famous. I'd rather be AJ Styles than R-Truth, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder or the countless other members of the WWE roster who just sit there waiting for the phone to ring so they can do a personal appearance.

How do you know this? I'm assuming you know the bloke since you seem to know about his personal finances.

• Paid Members

Don't need to know his personal finances. Just know what I know from reading a lot about wrestling and hearing things through the grapevine from people who would know. You dont need to be raking through someones receipts to know when a wrestler is doing well and isn't doing well in wrestling.

Dont get me wrong, he had the potential to be up there with Punk and Bryan and probably should have took the plunge years ago. But whatever. If he's made a bit money so good on him. Shame he's pretty much juggling very little leverage at the minute.

• Paid Members

Top guys outside the none WWE wrestlers. Hogan was making 3 times more than him, Jeff Hardy makes 3 times more than him, Stings making twice as much, as does Angle and Bischoff was making more than twice as much (as sad as that sounds). Flair was making more than him, even though he didn't wrestle. RVD was. AJ's deal worked where he signed a deal in 2009 and it stated he received a pay rise each year. And when it came to re-negotiating it, they said they couldn't and this is where they stand now.

What is strange about AJ is that he always came off as a massive mark for himself. Like every interview he's ever done. You'd think he'd have took the risk to go to WWE.

I just thought it must hurt the ego when your such a mark for yourself & a top star in a company and yet when free the biggest company in the world doesnt want to know. From a 'star' standpoint that pretty much shows whats thought about him.

Now go back 15 yrs. If Michaels was free WCW would have broke the bank to get him.

• Paid Members
I just thought it must hurt the ego when your such a mark for yourself & a top star in a company and yet when free the biggest company in the world doesnt want to know. From a 'star' standpoint that pretty much shows whats thought about him.

Now go back 15 yrs. If Michaels was free WCW would have broke the bank to get him.

They do want to know. They made him an offer. They low balled him, but they did.

I'm not saying WWE will make a play for AJ, but isn't it possible they just haven't done it already due to that BS legal issue they had going on with TNA a while back? I know they wouldn't look at anyone from TNA for a while, so waiting until his contract was actually up to begin any form of negotiations might just be them being cautious. And he's only been out of contract a little over 24hrs. I could see WWE picking him up as he would easily be a great fit for the Evan Bourne sort of role.

• Paid Members
I'm not saying WWE will make a play for AJ, but isn't it possible they just haven't done it already due to that BS legal issue they had going on with TNA a while back?

The thing that was settled a year ago and didn't stop them bringing Ric Flair back?

And Styles contract was up 3 months ago. He signed a short term extension.

I'm not saying WWE will make a play for AJ, but isn't it possible they just haven't done it already due to that BS legal issue they had going on with TNA a while back?

The thing that was settled a year ago and didn't stop them bringing Ric Flair back?

And Styles contract was up 3 months ago. He signed a short term extension.

It might have been settled, it doesnt mean they aren't still cautious over it. As for Ric, he was fired wasn't he? And if i remember rightly, he'd been gone from TNA for a while before he showed up in WWE again. Contract extension or not, it means he was still under contract until that extension ran out. All i'm sayign is it's too early to say WWE haven't made a play for him when he's barely out the door.

• Paid Members

Flair wasn't fired. Flair was the reason for the lawsuit. If there was anyone they'd be cautious of bringing back, it would have been him.

All i'm sayign is it's too early to say WWE haven't made a play for him when he's barely out the door.

Styles contract ran out three months ago, WWE offered him a low offer and he opted to re-sign with TNA under his old deal so he could still work for them on TV as they tried to come to terms to a longer contract. He was a free agent when they offered him a deal. So its not early to say this at all. Its old news.

Archived