Riddick Bowe to make pro wrestling debut in 2014

Big Benny HG

From PCW Facebook;

'Almost 400 people have liked the PCW facebook page alone since the Riddick Bowe news broke a few days ago. Not including twitter follows and website hits. Its still shooting up with BBC, Yahoo, Eurosport interested in this and countless websites and newspapers writing about it. No doubt this has had millions of views who now know that PCW exists in the UK.

These are all potential fans as to get bums of seats you first need people to be aware that PCW even exists to woo them into making a purchase. I cant wait to show the people who come see Riddick Bowe what talent we have in guys like Mad Man Manson, Kris Travis, Joey Hayes, El Ligero etc. Many it could be their first taste of British Wrestling.'

So it seems like the announcement is having the desired effect so far.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You can get publicity getting your cock out at the Job Centre. Its all promoters spin, and fans on the internet with agendas trying to spin it to support their favourites. Its still an old rapist with brain damage getting paid a very high sum of money to do nothing. That's if he even makes it to March, which there is a good chance he wont because he's a noted goon who has a poor reputation. I dont give a toss if the Daily Mirror put it on the front page and WWE put it up on their website and sent Batista and the Ultimate Warrior to cut the ribbon. The whole thing just screams money mark wanting to spiff an old boxers jock strap.

This thread is such a clich

My problem with this, as a huge PWC fan who spends a lot of money follwoing them, is that I don't waant to see Riddick Bowe. Regardless of his past, I'm not a boxing fan and would rather PWC spent the money on a big name wrestler or use it to fly in the Bucks/Steen in etc.

Bowe might get more eyes on the PWC website and a few mentions on national media, but they won't be selling more tickets or DVDs on the back of it.

Monumental waste of money on someone the majority of PWC fans aren't interested in seeing.

That's alll well and good but what does any of that have to do with PCW?

You can get publicity getting your cock out at the Job Centre. Its all promoters spin, and fans on the internet with agendas trying to spin it to support their favourites. Its still an old rapist with brain damage getting paid a very high sum of money to do nothing. That's if he even makes it to March, which there is a good chance he wont because he's a noted goon who has a poor reputation. I dont give a toss if the Daily Mirror put it on the front page and WWE put it up on their website and sent Batista and the Ultimate Warrior to cut the ribbon. The whole thing just screams money mark wanting to spiff an old boxers jock strap.

This thread is such a clich

• 2 months later...
I hear young Riddick is off this show and AJ Styles is taking his place. Amazing I just wrote that sentence. I cant imagine anyone on earth who would be disappointed this cunt isn't coming over. It was fucking madness announcing this brain dead idiot months in advance anyway.

Riddick is off the shows for sure. But i don't think AJ is the replacement. While AJ is on the shows, he has been hinted at for well over a month both on social media and at live events. PCW has also been saying, prior to the Bowe issues, that they would be able to make an announcement today (same day AJ's TNA contract is officially up) regarding a talent. So i think the actual replacement for Bowe is still to come.

From Meltzer's site:

--A.J. Styles vs. Chris Hero was announced for the 1/26 Smash Wrestling show in Toronto.

Here are confirmed dates for Styles

12/28 for Anarchy Wrestling in Cornelia, GA

1/19 for Premier Wrestling Xperience in Winston-Salem, NC

2/1 for Dreamwave Wrestling in LaSalle, IL vs. Christian Rose (Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards are also on the show), tickets at www.dreamwavewrestling.com

2/7 for Deep Southern Wrestling in Blue Ridge, GA

2/28 and 3/1 for Preston City Wrestling in Preston, England (replacing boxer Riddick Bowe who is off the show after an issue with his new management screwing up his deal, second date will be against Adrian "Lionheart" McCallum)

3/15 for Ultimate Wrestling Experience in Harrisburg, PA vs. AR Fox

I think Bowe's situation is he needs both $ & something to do.

The guy had it all boxing wise:

Size

Good movement

Good chin

Decent power

And.......was probably one of the best 'big' heavyweight infighters ever.

The issue was dedication. I know for a fact that Eddie Futch was at a loss with him as he'd regularly do a huge (usa version) kfc bucket after every training session.

That lack of dedication 'done' him & he was ineffect shot at 27 after Golota battered a 280lb Bowe like a heavybag.

Its sad as he only lost 1 (twice avenged) however he doesnt have the dedication to even get anywhere near ring shape, has noticeable brain damage and so is now looking at quick paydays.

Hence his thai fight (where he embarrasingly had no clue what to do and got a major towing in) & trying to get into wrestling.

If he does get in the ring itll be in some dingy backwater arena where he'll show himself up & become a youtube laugh figure.

People will slate him however he made some bad choices in life, got ripped of by his manager & suffered low motivation. He isnt a bad person & people i know him said hes a lovely bloke. Hes just desperate & the only thing he knows is in a ring.

Sadly the great Joe Louis ended up the same. He ended up wrestling and desperate.

• Moderators
I hear young Riddick is off this show and AJ Styles is taking his place. Amazing I just wrote that sentence. I cant imagine anyone on earth who would be disappointed this cunt isn't coming over. It was fucking madness announcing this brain dead idiot months in advance anyway.

Riddick is off the shows for sure. But i don't think AJ is the replacement. While AJ is on the shows, he has been hinted at for well over a month both on social media and at live events. PCW has also been saying, prior to the Bowe issues, that they would be able to make an announcement today (same day AJ's TNA contract is officially up) regarding a talent. So i think the actual replacement for Bowe is still to come.

Even if he'd been lined up for a while, clearly they're now spinning it as "Bowe's replacement" meaning they haven't got any big name replacement for Bowe.

Even if he'd been lined up for a while, clearly they're now spinning it as "Bowe's replacement" meaning they haven't got any big name replacement for Bowe.

I don't think they are though, i think we got the planned and promoted announcment yesterday and are still yet to get one in relation to Bowe's replacement. I may have missed it, but i haven't seen them say this is Bowe's replacement. I could be wrong of course, definitely wouldn't be the first time.

• Paid Members

Meltzer said on the audio update he is a replacement. AJ Styles is charging $5,000 per appearance and you have to fly him out, so he's going to be costing an arm and a leg. There's no way any promoter would be stupid enough to book him on top of a Riddick Bowe appearance.

He also said Bowe wasn't creating the attention Fludder was after and tickets weren't selling. Which is hardly a shock. Who gives a shit about Riddick Bowe?

Meltzer said on the audio update he is a replacement. AJ Styles is charging $5,000 per appearance and you have to fly him out, so he's going to be costing an arm and a leg. There's no way any promoter would be stupid enough to book him on top of a Riddick Bowe appearance.

I'd imagine that's like a hotel rack rate. Inflated so he can provide "mates rates" to everyone in order he appears a good guy to the promoters and still gets what he wants.

The promotion don't seem averse to regularly forking out for transatlantic flights, so I'd not be surprised if they announce more Americans.

• Paid Members

ROH and Dragon Gate cant afford him. And since one is the promotion he started with and the other is booked by his good friend, you'd think they'd fall under the "mate rate" category. He's trying to make up the money which he's losing from not being with TNA anymore. None of the top indies have signed him yet. A lot of people just dont think he's worth paying Kevin Nash money to. And he's not to be fair. Who wants a signed foam finger off him?

Archived