Riddick Bowe to make pro wrestling debut in 2014

Big Benny HG

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm worried for Chilli and his little comedy videos to be fair. I can see him saying "can we have Klondyke Kate playing the role of the wife you battered" and then Bowe just snapping his neck.

This is a brilliant idea, though it would probably be Chilli playing the role of the battered wife. 2 birds, 1 stone :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
I'm worried for Chilli and his little comedy videos to be fair. I can see him saying "can we have Klondyke Kate playing the role of the wife you battered" and then Bowe just snapping his neck.

This is a brilliant idea, though it would probably be Chilli playing the role of the battered wife. 2 birds, 1 stone :thumbsup:

It's like the time they asked me to play the lead in 'Planet of the Apes: The Musical'.

For the record, I have no idea what to do with Riddick Bowe.

Having met Fludder a few times and hearing him brag about stalking WWE wrestlers at hotel rooms while wearing his fake championship belts and treating being told to fuck off by Punk at 1am while the poor bloke was trying to go to bed after wrestling at a show as a badge of honour, I'm not surprised pond life like him would book a piece of shit like bowe. I know promoters need to make money, but shouldn't there be a morale line? Hopefully this backfires spectacularly. Otherwise we'll be looking at Kevin Webster vs Rolf Harris main eventing the next PCW show. Prick.

You mean the actor Michael Le Vell, who has just been found not guilty of all the charges made against him?

I want to know who hires Riddick Bowe for a speaking engagement and who goes to watch it. I'd be more confident of him working a match than I would him stringing a sentence together. Isn't he in a vegetative state 5 days out of the week, these days?

Boxing fans?

This was him in Islington back in July on ITV London News:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z983gjhLlmc

Quite a good portrayal.

• Paid Members

Have you got the rose tinted specs on again there? What is positive about that? Its a fat old cabbage on a local news show trying to spin the idea that's he's not a complete cunt. My favourite bit was when he said "I'm tryin ...dsodhdglakrgj .. eliminate ...dfsmn ... off the street ..aopsg". It wasn't exactly Jeremy Paxman doing the voice over.

Love the hypocrisy when it comes to stuff like this. Tears are shed when WWE bullies JR, yet the same people champion a small indy hiring scum bags with brain damage like Riddick Bowe.

You mean the actor Michael Le Vell, who has just been found not guilty of all the charges made against him?

Sorry but theres a huge difference between making a joke on a forum and paying money to a thug who beats women in a pathetic attempt to gain notoriety.

Regardless of whether or not he is innocent, people will be making jokes about Mechanic Kev, rightly or wrongly, for years. Just like with Michael Jackson.

You sound like you're either a friend of or actually are Fuldder? Do you think its OK what he's doing? Do you want him to have John Venables ring announcing too? I just dont see how you can justify it. He's not doing it to please fans. He's doing it solely for publicity. Its horrid.

Tears are shed when WWE bullies JR, yet the same people champion a small indy hiring scum bags with brain damage like Riddick Bowe.

To date has anyone been over complimentary on the hiring of Bowe?

I'm going to stick with the more positive side of "least PCW are going to get some attention over this".

I'm not a boxing person to have known who Bowe was before hand and after the Ryan Rhodes 1PW fiasco have no desire to see what comes about.

PCW have already sold out their venues on wrestling names. I hope the attention this gather warrants the use of Bowe.

• Paid Members

That was solely directed towards ClassicsGuy there. You can see his trademark spin coming a mile off with his "Quite a good portrayal" bollocks.

And just to say, I have no problem with PCW. I defended them big on the Michelle Thorne thing, and think Chilli and his mates do a great job on bringing the promotion and its stars some attention via those youtube videos. But the Riddick Bowe stuff isn't something I care for.

That was solely directed towards ClassicsGuy there. You can see his trademark spin coming a mile off with his "Quite a good portrayal" bollocks.

And just to say, I have no problem with PCW. I defended them big on the Michelle Thorne thing, and think Chilli and his mates do a great job on bringing the promotion and its stars some attention via those youtube videos. But the Riddick Bowe stuff isn't something I care for.

That ITV News video showed Bowe helping kids at a boxing club in London, talking about how boxing saved him from a life in gangs. That is a good portrayal. That is all I meant. He's had a checkered past no doubt, but he's turned his life around. He's not had any legal incidents of any kind since 2001.

I seem to recall the WWF hiring a convicted rapist (Tyson) to be a key part of one Wrestlemania (and continuing to hire him for cameos, including in the current PG era where the product is aimed at little kids), and an NFL player with substance abuse issues dating back 7 years to be the headliner of another Wrestlemania (LT).

Neither of which of were regarded as 'disgusting promotional tactics' at the time. It's called the wrestling business; the idea is to make money. To make money, you need publicity and attention. And this will certainly get that.

Sorry but theres a huge difference between making a joke on a forum and paying money to a thug who beats women in a pathetic attempt to gain notoriety.

Regardless of whether or not he is innocent, people will be making jokes about Mechanic Kev, rightly or wrongly, for years. Just like with Michael Jackson.

You sound like you're either a friend of or actually are Fuldder? Do you think its OK what he's doing? Do you want him to have John Venables ring announcing too? I just dont see how you can justify it. He's not doing it to please fans. He's doing it solely for publicity. Its horrid.

You're comparing Riddick Bowe to a child murderer... really??? :rolleyes:

• Paid Members
That ITV News video showed Bowe helping kids at a boxing club in London, talking about how boxing saved him from a life in gangs. That is a good portrayal. That is all I meant. He's had a checkered past no doubt, but he's turned his life around. He's not had any legal incidents of any kind since 2001.

I seem to recall the WWF hiring a convicted rapist (Tyson) to be a key part of one Wrestlemania, and an NFL player with substance abuse issues dating back 7 years to be the headliner of another Wrestlemania (LT).

Neither of which of were regarded as 'disgusting promotional tactics' at the time. It's called the wrestling business; the idea is to make money. To make money, you need publicity and attention. And this will certainly get that.

It was a ITV London piece on Riddick Bowe at a boxing gym trying to rehab his perception after years of being the absolute worst kind human being. The likely reason he hasn't been in trouble since 2001 is because he's a brain damaged horror case. What could he possibly do these days? He's under supervision for the rest of his life because he's so broken down and mentally gone. And his laundry list of offenses has probably slapped him in the face. But that's no excuse for what a cunt the man has been his whole life and how he's such a soulless twat in his latter years that he will do anything for money. There is no evidence he's turned his life around. Going to celebrity dinners for a pay day and stopping by a kids boxing gym to mumble his way through a spin piece on how he's bounced back isn't turning his life around. Getting the shit kicked out of you when you are pilled up on brain medication in a Thai boxing match aged 46 isn't a role model in my eyes.

I do love the Tyson comparison, though. The difference between the two cases is so obvious, I'm stunned you brought it up. But it was regarded as a disgusting promotional tactic at the time. Where were you at the time? The amount of shit WWF got from it was massive. The Attitude era was seen as a disgrace, which filled news broadcasts and Phil Mushnick's columns especially. The WWF took a massive risk on that period. But the one defense you can use is that the WWF benefited from the bad publicity because the rewards were far greater than the risk. This isn't even comparable. Its a money mark hiring a slurring idiot out for a pay day. I dont mind anyone who accepts it for what it is. That's fair enough. Defending it is rotten, though.

Archived