PROGRESS Chapter 9: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kick Me, Kill Me - 29th Sep

ThisIsProgress

PROGRESS Wrestling once again returns to The Garage with Chapter Nine: Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kick Me, Kill Me.

This show sold out in 24 hours! To join the waiting list for returned tickets head to http://eepurl.com/C8Vt5.

Already announced:

Having taken the PROGRESS title from El Ligero at Chapter Eight, new champion RAMPAGE BROWN will face British wrestling legend and former TNA multi-time champion DOUG WILLIAMS for "the big stick".

1184776_590718420990897_877655286_n.jpg

In the second semi-final of the Natural Progression Series, EDDIE DENNIS will face off against PAUL ROBINSON for a spot in the final of the competition against Mark Andrews.

1002622_590722944323778_116801742_n.jpg

Following his brutal match (and surprisingly loss) at Chapter Eight, JIMMY HAVOC will square off against the returning DAVE MASTIFF.

1209185_590718550990884_1724463398_n.jpg

With the London Riots now departed from PROGRESS, the tag team scene gets shaken up in the form of a massive 6-man match... the Bhangra Knights and the Bastard Squad combine to form the BHANGRA BASTARDS (RJ Singh, Darrell Allen and Danny Garnell), and they will take on the team of Project Ego and the debuting T-Bone, aka PROJECT BONER.

1238903_590725960990143_1633308192_n.jpg

Three of the very best wrestlers in the world collide, as Dragon Gate/PWG/Evolve star RICOCHET faces off against Pro Wrestling Noah star and British standout ZACK SABRE JR and former TNA star and now a member of Screw Indy Wrestling, MARK HASKINS.

1236876_594130563983016_2137844386_n.jpg

And finally, after tapping Mark Haskins out at Chapter Eight, Stixx aims to do the same to his Screw Indy Wrestling colleague Nathan Cruz. Check out our YouTube channel for some great promos from both wrestlers.

stixx-cruz.jpg

This show sold out in 24 hours, but check our Facebook and Twitter pages for any late returns!

Are there any more matches to be announced? I know the CZW guys are all in the country and available so it would be a shame if the rare opportunity to use the likes of Younger and AR Fox wasn't taken.

Personally I'd of preferred Zack and Ricochet be kept apart, they were already booked in the ring against each other twice on this weekend already and although they are 2 of the best, and the 3 way would normally be a true epic because of the other 2 matches it would of been nice to maybe just see Haskins vs Ricochet for a change of pace. And maybe have something like Zack vs Younger.

• 2 weeks later...

stixx-cruz.jpg

Final match announced for tomorrow's show was Stixx vs Nathan Cruz, Stixx on a mission after tapping out Mark Haskins at Chapter Eight. There are some great promos by both guys over on our YouTube channel.

Any UKFFers thinking of coming down to this, we have a very small number of returned tickets (1 x Front Row and 3 x Standing Room), the links to buy them are on our Facebook page.

Show STARTS at 3pm, doors open at 2pm, and we should be finished by 6pm(ish).

PROGRESS Wrestling Chapter 10: Hold me, Thrill me Kick me, Kill me Results

1. Tommy End beat Dave Mastiff

2. Paul Robinson beat Eddie Dennis

3. Zack Sabre jr. beat Ricochet and Mark Haskins

4. Stixx beat Nathan Cruz

5. Project Ego and T Bone beat Grado and the Bhangra Knights

6. Rampage Brown beat Doug Williams to retain the Progress Championship

A list of results can't come close to describing a truly amazing afternoon of pro wrestling. In my mind everything hit home and did so in markedly different ways. The opening match between Mastiff and End was a hard hitting war of attrition. Paul Robinson and Eddie Dennis told a tremendous big man V little man story with some really inventive stuff along the way. The three way was absolutely mind buggeringly good, earning Zack, Mark and 'Chet a thoroughly deserved standing ovation. Stixx and Nathan Cruz told a tremendous story built around a superb pre match promo by the showstealer. The six man tag was comedy gold mixed with action and I'm pleased to say that Grado got the hero's welcome he deserved. The main event was a belter, especially considering the almost subdued atmosphere in the aftermath of the six man tag.

Aftermath?

Well... Who should make an appearance at the end of the six man tag but the recently dismissed London Riots. They annihilated Grado and the Knights before turning their attention on Progress announcer, co-owner and general good egg Jim Smallman. Jimmy Havoc, tender knee and all, managed to get into the ring and make the save holding the Riots at bay with a chair.

The same chair he absolutely waffled Jim with moments later. He then proceeded to beat THE LIVING SHIT out of Mr Smallman, all the way cutting one of the most despicable promos I've heard. Incensed that he'd been disrespected, overlooked and forced to compete in death matches when Progress was his ticket to respectability as a pure wrestler Havoc tore into Smallman, Progress management, the fans and even snuck in a few cheap shots at Jim's mum and her troubled health. Chants of 'FUCK YOU HAVOC' and 'YOU'RE A CUNT' filled the air while Lynch and Davis stopped security, Glen Joseph and even Jim's fiancee Stacey from intervening. Eventually Havoc delivered a brutal slap to the face and left with the Riots. Nobody saw it coming and the hatred in the air was visceral.

Announced for next month... Paul Robinson V Mark Andrews in the natural progression tournament final... Two opening round matches in the tournament to crown the first Progress tag team champions... I'm going. Anyone want a lift from Manchester?

What an amazing show! Long after the show, my hands were still trembling from the whole thing with Havoc. I've been watching wrestling for a long time but rarely do you get to see something so REAL in a wrestling ring!

A++++ for the delivery of this great personal segment. I hope Jim is ok, everything looked extremely brutal.

It was so great that even an awesome main event with Williams vs Brown had difficulties in topping the tension and the emotion from the whole thing with Havoc and The Riots.

Thinking about making the trip down for Chapter Ten, Shows sound too good to keep skipping over! Never been before, How is the view from standing?

Fine. You're free to move around and find a place where you have a clear view.

A list of results can't come close to describing a truly amazing afternoon of pro wrestling. In my mind everything hit home and did so in markedly different ways. The opening match between Mastiff and End was a hard hitting war of attrition. Paul Robinson and Eddie Dennis told a tremendous big man V little man story with some really inventive stuff along the way. The three way was absolutely mind buggeringly good, earning Zack, Mark and 'Chet a thoroughly deserved standing ovation. Stixx and Nathan Cruz told a tremendous story built around a superb pre match promo by the showstealer. The six man tag was comedy gold mixed with action and I'm pleased to say that Grado got the hero's welcome he deserved. The main event was a belter, especially considering the almost subdued atmosphere in the aftermath of the six man tag.

Aftermath?

Well... Who should make an appearance at the end of the six man tag but the recently dismissed London Riots. They annihilated Grado and the Knights before turning their attention on Progress announcer, co-owner and general good egg Jim Smallman. Jimmy Havoc, tender knee and all, managed to get into the ring and make the save holding the Riots at bay with a chair.

The same chair he absolutely waffled Jim with moments later. He then proceeded to beat THE LIVING SHIT out of Mr Smallman, all the way cutting one of the most despicable promos I've heard. Incensed that he'd been disrespected, overlooked and forced to compete in death matches when Progress was his ticket to respectability as a pure wrestler Havoc tore into Smallman, Progress management, the fans and even snuck in a few cheap shots at Jim's mum and her troubled health. Chants of 'FUCK YOU HAVOC' and 'YOU'RE A CUNT' filled the air while Lynch and Davis stopped security, Glen Joseph and even Jim's fiancee Stacey from intervening. Eventually Havoc delivered a brutal slap to the face and left with the Riots. Nobody saw it coming and the hatred in the air was visceral.

Announced for next month... Paul Robinson V Mark Andrews in the natural progression tournament final... Two opening round matches in the tournament to crown the first Progress tag team champions... I'm going. Anyone want a lift from Manchester?

Yeah, I a agree the results don't tell the story but I was pissed and knackered. Amazing show, the chaos of the Jimmy angle was truly intense: Did anyone else see the fan who got his head bounced off the wall and had a 2-3 inch gash on his head? Progress have said they won't work with Jimmy again, but they said that with the Riots as well and Jimmy has his Big Show style iron-clad contract which always work so well in wrestling.

Archived