tew 2013

wwffan2

Does this work on mac or do you need the windows emulator. I remember getting this when it first came out and the level of detail and time it took to set up sucked the fun out compare to EWR. Is this still the case?

Not sure on the mac bit but the detail doesn't drag you don't quite as much anymore due to the layout being better organised and being able to just find the bits you need and avoid the bits you don't (such as house shows being run automatically rather than you booking them). The first few game days you might find the detail a bit overwhelming but it won't take long for you to work out what you can ignore.

Does this work on mac or do you need the windows emulator. I remember getting this when it first came out and the level of detail and time it took to set up sucked the fun out compare to EWR. Is this still the case?

No mac version. I managed to get it to work using wine but it sometimes freezes. Used to play 2008 loads but since switching to mac have fallen out of the habit. Would love a proper mac (or ipad) version but people have been asking on the forums for years to no effect.

• Paid Members

The game seems perfect for an Android or IPhone app but it'd involve starting from scratch, not to mention learinng how to do it so doubt we'll see it from this developer at least.

For anyone interested, if you can run it on a PC, the app Teamviewer does a great job on Android and IPad/Iphone at letting you view and remote control the game.

I'm going to download this, and see if my old tactics work from when I used to play EWR.

Hire in Jim Neidhart and have him as an angry veteran heel. Hire in Orlando Jordan as a face. Print money.

I always found as long as you ran decent angles, you could get the big charismatic lugs over. I'd always feed them young flippy floppy types that had indy popularity until said shitearses were ruined, and then fire them.

I'm going to download this, and see if my old tactics work from when I used to play EWR.

Hire in Jim Neidhart and have him as an angry veteran heel. Hire in Orlando Jordan as a face. Print money.

I always found as long as you ran decent angles, you could get the big charismatic lugs over. I'd always feed them young flippy floppy types that had indy popularity until said shitearses were ruined, and then fire them.

My Tactic on EWR was tag feuds. (E.G. Harts vs Bulldogs)

1) Book major feud.

2) Raw - Bret over Dyanmite, heels attack, failed face save from partner & Davey over Neidhart with another attack face saves this time (repeat angles each show).

3) Smackdown - Dynamite over Bret & Neidhart over Davey

4) Raw- Bret over Davey & Dynamite over Neidhart

5) Smackdown - Davey over Bret & Neidhart over Dynamite

6) PPV Blow off match - winners get 9 points overness each., losers get 4 points

• Paid Members

Absolutely, you can knock out a quick tag feud in no time and elevate said guys to main event level very quickly if you have a few tags. Plus, tag matches end up having a shit hot rating once the experience level for a tag gets pretty high.

• 3 months later...

Got a new laptop last month and was thinking the other day of downloading EWR 4.2 and doing a 1998 or 99 scenario but can't remember if its possible to actually get a decent rating for a PPV if you have matches with Hogan and Savage for example, do they have to be part of a hot feud to get a decent rating or does it just go on match quality?

• Paid Members

Combination of both. Crowd reaction and match quality both out of 100, so if they're 100 over and have 100 heat for their feud, it should be at least decent. I'd wager their match quality won't be north of 80, unless you're lucky.

Or just use file editor and give Hogan a 90+ brawl rating. The stats seem frapper-orientated to be honest so they could do with some amendments to the proper workers.

Combination of both. Crowd reaction and match quality both out of 100, so if they're 100 over and have 100 heat for their feud, it should be at least decent. I'd wager their match quality won't be north of 80, unless you're lucky.

Or just use file editor and give Hogan a 90+ brawl rating. The stats seem frapper-orientated to be honest so they could do with some amendments to the proper workers.

Cheers, yeah fuck it I'll just knock all the main eventer lads brawling up to, say, 70, saves fucking about, its only so I can fantasy book the nWo while Corrie's on so not like I'm cheating really

Tew is a bit better at that in that it has psychologyband star quality stats and you can build your company to lean that way.

Although when Hogan comes up on the stat discussions on the main forums you seem to get people pointing out that if you watch Hogan in Japan you'll realise he's a good worker, when I'd argue he's wwf stuff is more proof of that but swings and roundabouts.

Archived