Highspots.co.uk

diamond_dust

Just had this e-mail from highspots.

Highspots.co.uk opens!

Highspots.com is proud to announce that we are now offering our UK customers a new way to order from us! With our new UK based warehouse, we can provide faster & less expensive options to receive your Highspots merchandise. We will continue to expand our UK inventory but if you need any new items please let us know. We can usually make new products available in the UK store in just a few days. Thanks again for all your support through the years that has made this possible and we hope with your continued patronage, our new UK store will expand even further!

As part of our Grand Opening, we are offering the Dynamite Kid Documentary for 50% Off with any purchase! We also have autographed versions available as well as other autographed items from Dynamite including his book and photo.

They always have a ton of DVD's I want but the shipping price always puts me off plus you usually get hit by customs and the service has always been shit. Would this change anyones view of ordering from Highspots or would you still avoid them like the plague as it seems to be the same people running it over all just a UK based seller sending them out.

• Paid Members
Edit: for what are specified as DVD-R's, not DVD's.

Yeah, I'd say in 2004 or 2005 Highspots used to ship a lot more stock - but there's no way they have a warehouse in the UK. And they don;t get DVDs pressed anymore - they're just DVDRs.

This UK website is either someone in his bedroom burning copies as they're ordered (which would be how many, realistically? 3 or 4 per day max?) or else they sent someone 20 boxes of mixed stock, paid the VAT and duty on the import, and just put the mark up on the UK retail price. So there's no saving - just quicker shipping from a UK base.

I had a look at the website this morning.

The fact it has the menus for Fans, Wrestlers and Promoters (but no items in these menus as of yet) fills me with dread. The idea of generic UK fan boy wrestlers all wearing the (now easy to access) kickpads and shorts doesn't hold out much hope for individuality.

And I agree with comments before, I also suspect this is just some guy with a pc and a dvd burner. No way highspots would ship across dvds when someone here can just download the file and burn away.

I suspect a franchise (hence the stupidly overpriced DVD-Rs)

• Paid Members
Or have someone working out of their bedroom just burn a DVDR when an order comes in, print out a cover, and pop it in the post.

Yeah, but that doesn't explain all the other stuff they stock, like t-shirts, toys, wrestling gear, wrestling rings, belts etc... Fair enough.

haha, yeah - they only seem to have DVDs on the UK site. Prob not worth the customs duty they'd have to pay to ship boxes over.

Even when we stocked Highspots DVDs in the TWC store for a while, they'd be just DVDRs with a regular A4 inkjet printed page as the cover. They didn't even bother doing a print run of 100 covers on some decent paper, which actually would have worked out cheaper for them instead of refilling their inkjet cartridges all the time.

Aaah indie pro wrestling; 2013 and they still use shit DV cameras to film shows.

The video quality for the downloads of the newer PWG shows is amazing. It looks and sounds fantastic on my 32 inch TV. I must say that for any shows that took place before Mystery Vortex, the quality is not as good as the the bitrate of the video is lower and for some reason, this means that there's a sizeable black border around the video.

If your looking into getting into PWG, take a look - http://www.highspots.com/c/PWG-VOD.html

Archived