Dreams.

John Matrix

• Paid Members

Someone on here was gonna start a thread recently about some sort of clever type of dreaming i dont understand.

Fill your boots like, but this thread is for sharing your recent dreams, be they positive, negative or wet (pissing yourself counts). Largely because i go through phases of having the most ridiculous dreams when i'm not having very realistic nightmares.

Last night i dreamt that i was in a room with female MMA phenom Ronda Rousey who was all angry and upset. I slid closed a bolt on the door, lay opposite her and asked her to tell me who the REAL Ronda Rousey was, to which she appeared very flattered that i'd taken the time to want to get to know her (despite inexplicably locking her in the room with me).

Just as we were beginning to get closer, the current baddie off Hollyoaks (i dont even know his name, but Mrs Matrix watches it - the one who's boffing Kathy Beale) burst in, tied me to a big leather office chair and started cutting up all of my ties in front of me vowing to get revenge.

For what? Enter a pregnant Kylie from Coronation Street, upset to find out that i had previously fathered a child with another woman.

The lovely Ronda, nowhere to be found, i decided to snap myself out of it as Hollyoaks man started cutting the tie i was wearing.

Now seriously? I know dreams are supposed to mean something...but other than the fact that i wouldnt mind slipping Ronda Rousey one, and that my pulling technique is in need of some work - what the fuck is the rest of it all about?

Edited by John Matrix

• Paid Members

Last night I dreamt I was in the film Argo. I haven't even seen it yet.

The other night I dreamt I was playing for West Ham. I set up a goalmouth scramble that led to a last gasp 3-2 win. A new Icelandic winger was making his debut for us and he was playing in grey trackie bottoms.

Anyone ever suffer from sleep paralysis? I get it pretty much every night, multiple times, and it's fucking frightening.

I used to get it quite often when I first moved to Manchester. Anytime I came back home for the weekend to crash at my mam's house, I'd wake up in the middle of the night not having a fucking clue where I was, not able to recognise any of my surroundings, and quite often hallucinating objects and/or people at various points of the room (which I believe is one of the main points of sleep paralysis). Haven't had it for a while, now.

• Paid Members
I used to get it quite often when I first moved to Manchester. Anytime I came back home for the weekend to crash at my mam's house, I'd wake up in the middle of the night not having a fucking clue where I was, not able to recognise any of my surroundings, and quite often hallucinating objects and/or people at various points of the room (which I believe is one of the main points of sleep paralysis). Haven't had it for a while, now.

Absolutely insane, isn't it?

I usually wake up, and am paralysed in body and voice, but can hear growling and feel people grabbing me and holding me down. Fucking crazy stuff. The earliest I remember it happening was when I was about 10, in my room, and myself and ET (as in the Extra Terrestrial) locked the devil in the shed out the back and I woke up, frozen, and could hear growling and feel myself being held down and grabbed.

This has gone on - seriously no joke - almost every night for the last 20 years.

• Paid Members

Christ almighty. Twenty years? I experienced it for the first and only time about a year ago and it was absolutely horrible. After all that time do you get used to it, or are you still shitting yourself when it happens?

A smackhead-looking fella came up to me on the road on Monday, and I thought he was going to launch into one of those "I need to get back to Chester tonight and I've been mugged" stories. But he didn't. He said "I had a dream last night and you were in my dream. And you know who your girlfriend was? Katy Perry."

• Paid Members

Last weekend I had a meet-up in Aber with some of the uni people.

On the Friday night I dreamed that I was meeting up with all the people I hung around with in first year, which is about ten lads from my floor and four girls from another hall, the main link being a couple that went out for most of the three years but then split near the end of third year in rather acrimonious circumstances. I dreamed I was knocking around with the lads in the Cambrian having a cocktail waiting for the girls to turn up, and I was worried about what the atmosphere would be like between the former couple, but what actually happened was within minutes of the four girls turning up, I was so aroused by the one I had fancied at uni ten years ago, that I went directly to the Cambrian toilets and started furiously masturbating.

When I woke up, I text the deets of this dream to one of my mates from the era, who replied "Art imitating life." Cheeky git.

• Paid Members

ive suffered with sleep paralysis all my life, i think it's pretty mild though. I've read stories and heard other people i know who suffer from it talk about being frozen and feeling a presence in the room, and other times seeing a demon that sits on their chest...it's fucked up shit! i've never experienced that though, i basically just can't move, i know it'll pass but for the time im in it (a few seconds-30 seconds tops) it's very unsettling.

sleep_paralysis.jpg

that's a painting that's meant to represent sleep paralysis.

• Paid Members
ive suffered with sleep paralysis all my life, i think it's pretty mild though. I've read stories and heard other people i know who suffer from it talk about being frozen and feeling a presence in the room, and other times seeing a demon that sits on their chest...it's fucked up shit!

My ex used to get it. It usually manifested itself as not being able to move but coupled with an intense desire to shake out of it. She had it a few times with me in the bed and I would shake her awake and she was always extremely grateful. She told me the first time it happened as a kid she did see a gremlin staring through the window at her but that was when she was very young and didn't happen again. I had something happen to me that was similar in a way, coincidentally when I was with her - I dreamed I was drowning, that I was swimming up towards the light and the surface, but it was just too far and I wasn't going to make it. I knew I was dreaming, and I tried to shake, to move my right arm to wake her up, and tried to shout "wake me up" and just as my fear was peaking she felt me moving in my sleep and woke me up to check I was OK. Only happened that once.

Conversely, former flatmate has had night terrors all his life and constantly wakes up unable to move, and describes shadows and spider shapes on the side of his bookshelf/wardrobe. Sounds horrible.

• Paid Members

the desire to want to shake out of it is exactly what you feel. You get the feeling that just slightly moving a leg or an arm will snap you out of it, but you can't do it! you also feel the urge to shout out for help but you just cant do it.

• Paid Members
Along with dreams of flying and your teeth falling out.

That one is meant to signify money worries. When I think about times I've had it (rarely) and my life since, seems to fit.

the desire to want to shake out of it is exactly what you feel. You get the feeling that just slightly moving a leg or an arm will snap you out of it, but you can't do it! you also feel the urge to shout out for help but you just cant do it.

Yeah, I get that from time to time, I think it's probably quite common. The other variant I get is when I want to wake up, force myself awake and out of bed, and then suddenly find myself back in bed, force myself awake, get out of bed and then suddenly I'm back in bed, still asleep. That can go on for a bit. Really frustrating.

• Paid Members

I've suffered a bit with sleep paralysis this last year or so. Never seen or heard anything just me seemingly awake but unable to move almost instantly in a state of panic in my mind (Calling out for my mom most times). Only lasts for a few seconds but by the end i'm covered in sweat.

Most times it happens on a Sunday night/Monday morning when i've been out on drink the Saturday.