Who could be who

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

Possibly been done before, shocked if it hasn't in fairness.

Anyway, whilst replying to another thread, I re-found my appreciation for a couple of old schoolers who intend to overlook. I've been watching quite a bit of Steve Keirn recently, especially as Skinner.

After watching a few general promos and taking note of his general rough house, but slightly technical style, I think if re-packaged, he could have played a decent ring master / Austin style character. God knows if he would have been anywhere near as successful but I do think he may have pulled it off to some degree.

Skinner vs Owen

The reality is, that didn't really need to happen, but can you name any 'cool gimmick, wrong person' and think of a suitable alternative wrestler who may have portrayed the character better?

Or do what I have done, who might have been the 'next best choice' in you opinion?

Another one I've just remembered I used to think of when I was a kid, Koko would have been a fuck load better than shitty Mo in MOM. At least it made sense with wrestling figures, koko and a blacked up bam bam bigelow.

Looking back, he would have been a great choice, really small, really fast high flyer with loads of experience. Would have been sweet along side the mammoth Mable. Mo was a fucking doyle

• Paid Members

Keirn was in his 40s when he was Skinner, though. They were putting Ric Flair and Randy Savage out to pasture around that period. Old Skinner was as good as it was getting I imagine. Although, I would love to see the original concept art for the Skinner character. Just to see what the Alligator Man would have looked like in a vest and chaps.

I think Brickhouse Brown should have came in as the manager of the Nation of Domination, instead of Clarence Mason. Brickhouse would have given you more than what you're listening for.

• Paid Members
Keirn was in his 40s when he was Skinner, though. They were putting Ric Flair and Randy Savage out to pasture around that period. Old Skinner was as good as it was getting I imagine. Although, I would love to see the original concept art for the Skinner character. Just to see what the Alligator Man would have looked like in a vest and chaps.

I think Brickhouse Brown should have came in as the manager of the Nation of Domination, instead of Clarence Mason. Brickhouse would have given you more than what you're listening for.

40? Shit, didn't have a clue. Good call on brown. Slick (pre god) would have been a cool little addition too, as the nation starts to unwind, Kama could have been starting to show his pimpness, as he was, but that could have tied in with the slicksters influence.

40? Shit, didn't have a clue. Good call on brown. Slick (pre god) would have been a cool little addition too, as the nation starts to unwind, Kama could have been starting to show his pimpness, as he was, but that could have tied in with the slicksters influence.

always felt a heel Teddy Long would've been a decent manager figure within the nation too

• Paid Members
Steve Keirn going from Stan Lane's wingman to Skinner always made me laugh in all fairness.

Stan Lane was always obviously a good looking lad. But Keirn?

Couldn't disagree more Butch. He is sex.

7015482681_4edfb4dd5d_z.jpg

Pure sex.

• Paid Members
always felt a heel Teddy Long would've been a decent manager figure within the nation too

Heel Teddy sort of did the racist black group angle a few years later with his Thuggin' and Buggin' Enterprises, managing Rodney Mack and offering 'White Boy Challenges' on Raw.

I was down with the brown.

• Paid Members
Given the character wasn't expected to have a long run, I imagine that any tall jabroni could have portrayed Kane: it was Glen's third gimmick in WWE alone. One of DOA, perhaps?

They were originally going to give the gimmick to Charles White, or a mix between that and another shango run according to his shoot.

Archived