Insane Championship Wrestling

the mullet

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
David. You're full of shit.

I said that from what I've heard, the majority of their shows sell out. You posted asking where I got this information, making baseless claims that "without imports, sure the crowd would have been big but I don't think i would have been a legit sell out", and nonsense such as "I've saw 700 people in the Garage, then fast forward 10 months and there's half that."

Not only myself, but others (including the guy who runs the promotion) have posted replies that have pretty much confirmed that you're talking complete nonsense when it came to that. In fact, even you admitted that you were talking complete shite when you got called on your 350 attendance in the Garage post. How did you even come up with that number? You doing a fucking head count during the intermission or something?

The numbers at each show vary, sometimes drastically. So how someone can say they "routinely sell out" is beyond me. My point was David there is just making that assumption based on what they tell him and hasn't actually witnessed it.

I'm making assumptions on what who tells me? Who is they? The promoter? People I know at the show who claim it's pretty fucking full by the time the event starts?

My original point was the the roster work extremely hard.

I agree.

And that I think it they key to the success of the company.

I dunno, I think it may be the whole package to be honest. The active roster, the team behind the scenes etc. As I said, if it was just the roster then other companies who use the same guys would be making similar waves, but they aren't.

Other companies have tried the same model down south but to much less success because their roster is wafer thin and full of crap.

They've only failed because their roster was thin and crap? It had nothing to do with the booking team being shite? The production being crap?

This is where I have to pull you up, because whilst you're keen to champion the roster (of which the majority just so happen to work for the company in your username), you seem to be suggesting that aside from that the company aren't really doing anything different or better than anyone else, which is blatantly untrue.

You claimed they only sold out Edinburgh because Sabu was on the card, that the Bucky Boys can't get over anywhere outside of Glasgow, that "at the end of the day it's not like ICW are the first wrestling company to cater to the 18+ market and certainly won't be the last" in a swipe at their originality, that "they don't have a special formula that works or they don't do anything different from anyone else" despite that fact that whatever formula they are using is obviously working very well, and that they are different from everyone else! In fact, you even admitted that they were different from everyone else when you claimed that;

We don't have them all over the UK because there already is one.

To top it all off you remarked that ICW "pull in drunks in Edinburgh or even Glasgow", which is a sweeping criticism of their fanbase.

Face it PB, you've made a roaring cunt of yourself in this thread thus far with your chat about attendances and suchlike.

You live in Spain, Davey? I'd love to live over there. :(

Colour my eyes green, sir. Colour them green!

Indeed I do Scott. Costa Del Sol, where the sun never sets and the British "expats" are always sunburnt! ;)

To be fair, there has been times that the Garage has looked more bare, and that could be exaggerated because you don't often see it like that with ICW, so when the crowd IS down, it's very noticeable.

The point about The Bucky Boys is a bit of a non-starter. The fact that they're tailor made for ICW is a plus point for them, not a negative. The Sabu point? Probably true, but hard to judge. Sabu is a huge draw for the sort of fans that go to ICW, myself included.

ICW had a very long run of sellouts for a while. Some of them were from people walking up on the night ( couple of my mates were turned back on two consecutive occaisions ).

I'm a bit sceptical that they'll manage to keep it up, but I don't actually see why they can't. They're a terrific promotion. The people in control know what the fans want, know the characters and storylines that will connect, and manage to put together the shows that the fans want to see. You see wrestlers that you see elsewhere, but in completely different guises, and in most, if not all cases, the guys excel in those roles.

ICW have done ridiculously well.

Archived