Insane Championship Wrestling

the mullet

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like any promotion if it continues to be well run, draws a good house and most importantly the punters are happy then it will be down to the lads up there on how big they want it to get.

How much BritWres locker room jargon can you fit into one post?

• Paid Members
Is that really jargon? Replace "house" with "crowd" and I reckon a non-wrestling person would understand every word there.

True, but where's the fun in that? Much better to walk a fine line of twattishness and utter twattishness.

Is that really jargon? Replace "house" with "crowd" and I reckon a non-wrestling person would understand every word there.

True, but where's the fun in that? Much better to walk a fine line of twattishness and utter twattishness.

• Paid Members

"Punters"..."Lads" etc

Are you mental? You associate these words first and foremost with Britwres?

On the subject of ICW...

A lot of the content is specific to the Glasgow area, for example the Bucky Boys characters. That's why the product is so over locally. But at the end of the day it's not like ICW are the first wrestling company to cater to the 18+ market and certainly won't be the last. They don't have a special formula that works or they don't do anything different fom anyone else. The main thing for me is the diverse roster who work hard every show. Over the last 3 years the local fans have developed a bond with the wrestlers and they know who they are coming to see, they know the storylines and the fact that a lot of them AREN'T smarks or even wrestling fans, makes it even better as these are the folk who are sucked right in by the stories and characters. Any video of ICW on the internet doesn't do the live experience justice. As a live show they can shoot for the moon and take it anywhere but in terms of a TV product or even a web product im not so sure.

But at the end of the day it's not like ICW are the first wrestling company to cater to the 18+ market and certainly won't be the last. They don't have a special formula that works or they don't do anything different fom anyone else.

No? Then why don't we have ICW-esque companies all over the UK? I mean, if they aren't doing anything special, and aren't doing anything different from anyone else?

How many companies based in the UK draw the numbers that these guys do? I don't go to many of their shows, but I do know that if you want tickets you need to be on the ball, as they sell out pretty sharp.

Does that happen all over the UK?

Archived