Insane Championship Wrestling

the mullet

• Paid Members
Congratulations to SpiritOfTheForest on making a post even more pathetic than the OP.

Thanks for a sterling input to the thread.

It's no less useless than your own.

I don't know anything about ICW and couldn't make a comment one way or the other about their product but it is telling just how you are always falling over yourself to tell the entire forum that you hate John Cena and sports entertainment and the soap opera WWE and so on, even in a thread that has got absolutely nothing to do with any of these things. Why, exactly?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I understand you're the king of derailing threads with petty barbs but nevertheless...

Having been to several ICW shows, I was giving my experiences of the other people who go to them and noting the ECW comparisons. Certainly seems more relevant than "pathetic post lol". I only mentioned John Cena because he is the face of the squeaky-clean PG Era WWE and that's exactly what a lot of the ICW audience DON'T look for in their wrestling. They want the blood, bawls, babes, high flying and general insanity that ICW provides. That's the point I was trying to convey anyway.

Yes I'm not a fan of John Cena (the character and the way he's presented, not the man), but I do enjoy WWE and plenty of people in it. I don't exactly fall over myself to proclaim my particular likes and dislikes but surely giving my opinions is to be expected on a discussion forum. Surprised you take such umbrage to it anyway considering that I generally only post a couple of times a week at the most.

Now this is beyond shit so can we both just shut up and let folk talk about ICW?

• Paid Members

Love the stuff I've seen of ICW. I'd love to go down but going all that way for any wrestling show is not something I'm bothered with. They do have a great underground feel to them though, it's great they've carved a niche for themselves.

Fucking hell Spirit.

I only mentioned John Cena because he is the face of the squeaky-clean PG Era WWE and that's exactly what a lot of the ICW audience DON'T look for in their wrestling. They want the blood, bawls, babes, high flying and general insanity that ICW provides. That's the point I was trying to convey anyway.

So the attitude era wasn't sports entertainment then?

ICW is brilliant. I've been to every show in the last year and a half except the one in June because I was in Canada. I think the format would lose its vibe if the company started to tour the UK. There is enough buzz about ICW that fans of British wrestling should be eager to travel to Glasgow to see it. I am not a fan of independent UK wrestling but I would consider myself an ICW disciple. I can't imagine anything worse than sitting through a traditionally British show like the one seen on "The British Wrestler" documentary that featured Grado.

I would probably consider myself more of an ICW fan than WWE these days. Grado, Jester, Wolfgang, Whiplash, the Coffeys etc: all superb. The Bucky Boys are probably the most over wrestlers in the world in their own wee Glasgow bubble.

ICW might change some opinions about wrestling in this country if the BBC documentary is any good. For example, in Maryhill last night I was sitting in the row in front of the Real Radio representatives who were there covering the show. At the beginning of the night they were giving it the usual "do you not lose if you fall out of the ring?" and "haha! Look how much oil they've rubbed onto themselves." As the night progressed, they were in awe of what was going on: throwing up Ws for Wolfgang and singing along to his entrance theme, cheering for Jack Jester and seemed in quite genuine distress about the finish.

• Paid Members

I'd love to go to an ICW show, but in all likelihood I wouldn't even go if they turned up in my hometown. The draw of it is the atmosphere and that means going up to Glasgow, getting pissed all afternoon then experiencing the show with 1000 mad Glaswegians. That's what I want to do.

I think it's fantastic to see a UK promotion doing so well, but I'd hate for them to them to try to expand and blow it all. Their current model seems sustainable, don't fuck with it.

As the night progressed, they were in awe of what was going on: throwing up Ws for Wolfgang and singing along to his entrance theme, cheering for Jack Jester and seemed in quite genuine distress about the finish.

Yeah, that's been popping up on my Facebook feed today but details are scarce. What happened?

As the night progressed, they were in awe of what was going on: throwing up Ws for Wolfgang and singing along to his entrance theme, cheering for Jack Jester and seemed in quite genuine distress about the finish.

Yeah, that's been popping up on my Facebook feed today but details are scarce. What happened?

Whiplash came out and attacked Jester. He gave him a piledriver on an overturned guardrail that looked nasty.

• Paid Members
I got house on "SOTF's daft cliche comment bingo" when Aidan said the words "squeaky-clean'. What do I win and where can I collect my prize?

You win me showing up at your wedding dressed as a more follicly-endowed CM Punk and ruining the semi-respectable image of the day. :p

As for Tommyboi he posted this prior to last night's show on the facebook event page. I actually thought this was brilliant.

Hiya gang. It's your favorite MC here. Just remember when I come out to start the show on Saturday to be chanting the following things:

"MC Tommy"

"Welcome Back"

During the show when I get in the ring to announce another match chant the following:

"There's only one MC Tommy"

"We love MC Tommy, we do. We love MC Tommy, we do. Ohh MC Tommy we love you"

During the battle of the MC's make sure to chant for my team members as I know the match is about the wrestlers. I'm not an egomaniac like Simon Cassidy.

Just before I announce the main event please chant:

"Please don't go"

Remeber to post on social media after the show how it was great to see me back and you wish I was part of the shows more often.

Much love.

#TeamTommy

What a guy.

Tommy's "HIYA PALS!!!" when he first came out was pretty funny I thought. Apart from that... meh. Jack Jester had actual problems with existing injuries and the hall got cleared fairly quickly. Super show last night.

ICW is the promotion which I try and get to more than others these days, and it's been the same since the last shows in Maryhill. There's brilliant atmospheres and it's just a great night out.

Archived