The Ongoing Celebrity Spotting Thread

Devon Malcolm

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if League One and Jamaican international footballers count as celebrities, but I had Plymouth Argyle and Jamaican International Joel Grant join up the library I work at on Wednesday. 

He goes to use one of our computers to print stuff out. Anyway one of my regulars who I usually talk Argyle with approaches me, unaware that Joel was sitting right behind me. 

"See that Argyle lost again on Saturday, eh?" she says. Usually I would engage in conversation and say "Yeah load of old bollocks mate", but I'm in full Customer Service mode, and I'm motioning not to say anymore due to someone who played in that very game sitting right behind me. 

"Are you going on Saturday?" she asks (They're playing Doncaster, which they'll probably lose again). I tell her no, as I'm busy that day. "I don't blame you. Load of old rubbish!" she responds as she bids me farewell. I'm feeling pretty awkward about everything. Hoping he didn't hear the whole conversation. 

As Joel left an hour later, I wish him good luck for Saturday. He looked like he wanted to just tell me to" Fuck off". 

Yeah, he's never coming back to my workplace again... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...