The Ongoing Celebrity Spotting Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Aye Dylan Moran lives in Edinburgh. I bumped into him Peckham's once but I'm dreadful at these sort of occasions and somehow didn't clock it was him till a friend pointed it out when he left. Another friend of mine used to work in one of the bookshops on Princes Street and, in a joke that seemed to write itself, served Dylan Moan one day. As he was paying, she somehow resisted the urge to ask him "are those leather bound pounds?". 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

Aye Dylan Moran lives in Edinburgh. I bumped into him Peckham's once but I'm dreadful at these sort of occasions and somehow didn't clock it was him till a friend pointed it out when he left. Another friend of mine used to work in one of the bookshops on Princes Street and, in a joke that seemed to write itself, served Dylan Moan one day. As he was paying, she somehow resisted the urge to ask him "are those leather bound pounds?". 

An absolutely perfect spelling error. 

• Paid Members

I'm not sure I could distinguish Larry Lamb in the street from just an old bloke. Patricia Routledge used to live in the same town as me and was quite unassuming, except of the fact her voice was ten times louder than anyone else, so you would always know when she was about. 

On 6/22/2018 at 9:20 PM, Porkchopcash said:

Saw Nigel from the legendary Come Dine with Me episode which was from Preston, the best ever episode. He is from Blackpool, i spotted him eating a Twister ice lolly all suited and booted heading into sone dodgy Madam Tousards in Blackpool.

He's the chuckle brothers brother ain't he?

Had Peter Barlow from Corrie in my pub yesterday. He had a pint of Timothy Taylor’s Landlord which he referred to as ‘a nice drop’. Had to get my bar man to ask him to observe the three no smoking signs he was contravening. 

Seems like a nice guy, and not much different to his on screen character mannerism wise. Except he drinks and presumably knows less about licensing laws. 

3 hours ago, thicko said:

Had Peter Barlow from Corrie in my pub yesterday. He had a pint of Timothy Taylor’s Landlord which he referred to as ‘a nice drop’. Had to get my bar man to ask him to observe the three no smoking signs he was contravening. 

Seems like a nice guy, and not much different to his on screen character mannerism wise. Except he drinks and presumably knows less about licensing laws. 

He used to be a regular sight near me, must have moved from Chorlton as I haven't seen him for a while now.

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, thicko said:

Up at York? I know he was in the Golden Fleece in the last day or two.

• 3 weeks later...

As a few people on here know, I work at a University, and we've been having our Graduation ceremonies over the past few days. We have a noted Chancellor of my university, an incredibly well-known actor (for professional reasons, I can't name him - sorry!, but suffice to say he's a Hollywood, Oscar-winning chap), and he attends a handful of ceremonies each year, meets graduands and delivers a speech. So far, so good.

However, this year, he's been somewhat 'unique' in his behaviour. In no particular order, he has...:

Stood on a stage in a white linen suit and made a very big deal of putting on a pair of black gloves to shake people's hand.

In his speech, made an even bigger deal of removing said gloves, telling the congregation he was 'going to have a Michael Jackson moment' and threw to gloves into the audience, to no reaction other than mild revulsion at a pair of very sweaty gloves being hurled at them.

Introduced his speech by declaring that the graduands were 'the most beautiful graduates I've ever seen' and followed it up with 'If only I wasn't almost 70 and married!' to an audible gasp of horror, from the watching fathers and husbands who've just heard this.

Told the congregation that due to Brexit, we were 'going to have to trade with America and we'll all end up eating their ghastly food'.

Brought his dog with him, expecting it to be allowed to sit on the platform, despite this being rather an important day and definitely not 'Bring your dog to work day'

When a graduate of a different ethnic background than he crossed the stage, decided to go for a high-five rather than a handshake. Graduate ignored the five and just held his hand out for the shake.

I wish I were joking, I really do...

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I reckon Jeremy Irons. 

Yeah, got to be.  Fucker thought gay marriage would lead to people marrying pets.  Big player of the Countryside Alliance, he is the embodiment of them, or at least the first syllable.

• Awards Moderator

Patrick Stewart used to be Chancellor of, I think, Huddersfield University but I don’t think he’s ever won an Oscar.

Michaela Strachan visited my work the other week, if that’s not a celebrity spot I don’t know what is. I’m not even going to check if I’ve already posted about it. Michaela Strachan deserves two mentions.

• Paid Members

I know someone who goes to university in Bath where Jeremy's iron is chancellor so it could well be him, I'll ask if he bought his dog today.

I saw Goldie yesterday, he was standing shirtless outside a hot yoga studio next to my work, he seemed really cheerful so if he hadn't been sweaty and half naked I would've asked for a pic.

Yeah Grecian did a telling but not telling as he mentioned he lives in Bath or the surrounding area so it has to be him.  Harmy, PatStew is a Huddersfield fan as well.  

Erm, saw the lad who played a son of Mike Baldwin the other day, he owns or part owns a few businesses in Chorlton so not really a big surprise.