The Ongoing Celebrity Spotting Thread

Devon Malcolm

In the last couple of months i've met Michael Caine, Andy Cerkis, James Corden, Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher and Michael Parkinson. Or, more accurately, i've sold them shite.

I work in Selfridges on Oxford Street, though, so i'm cheating a bit.

It counts as the only slight perk, in the persistent retail whirlpool of 'having a masters degree, in a proper course, from a proper university seems to mean jackshit' that is my life.

I fear i've gone off topic.

So, erm, I met Caroline Flack too. You can see why so many blokes have had a crack at her.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Saw Eddie Izzard looking fabulous outside work yesterday. Saw him the week before last in Boots buying tights.

Where was that Monkee?

I work in a celebrity-rich area but never see any, until one day when me and the wife popped into town a few weeks ago and saw Bill Nighy running down the tube escalators. At the same tube station I get every day outside work. My wife spotted him to be fair, so maybe I'm just oblivious to them.

• Paid Members
Saw Eddie Izzard looking fabulous outside work yesterday. Saw him the week before last in Boots buying tights.

Where was that Monkee?

Piccadilly Circus. It's a good place to celeb spot. When it was the 1D film premiere the other week, Morgan Spurlock was in the Lotus Shop opposite.

The company I work for are based on a load of garden centres nationally. The one I work at is one of the biggest and most expensive in the North so attracts a load of footballers, soap stars, tv personalities etc. Anyway literally 5 minutes ago on my way to the lavs (yep that's where I'm at right now! ) I heard a very distinctive voice say 'I want the water features.' I spun around and there was Dierdre Barlow in all her glory.

A couple of years ago I had a conversation with Stone Roses frontman Ian Brown about garden sheds and he also admired the hanging baskets outside my office. He quite regularly 'lets on' these days whenever he's passing which kind of shits all over that image I had of him in my younger years. These days he's forever hanging about the bedding plants.

But yeah, I've seen all sorts in here. Kerry Katona, the loose women bints, Peter Kaye, Andy Carroll, Jonny Evans and a pre nonce accusation Fred the Weatherman used to frequent here all the time. He seems to be keeping a low profile these days for some reason or another.

A couple of years ago I had a conversation with Stone Roses frontman Ian Brown about garden sheds and he also admired the hanging baskets outside my office. He quite regularly 'lets on' these days whenever he's passing which kind of shits all over that image I had of him in my younger years. These days he's forever hanging about the bedding plants.

I once passed Ian Brown on me way into the KFC in Warrington town center. Would've been around 2006/07. He climbed straight into a massive black Range Rover and drove off. I asked the fella working there if it was a regular occurrence and he said Brown often takes a load of kids from by his to the football and then buys them all a KFC on the way home. Can't knock that, like.

The Tottenham Court Road area of London where I now work has been decent for celebs. In the last year or so I've seen Mark Gatis, two of the original three SugaBabes, the fella who hosts Dragon's Den, Anabelle Croft and Ben Goldacre. In fact I've seen Goldacre three times. He's usually on his bike.

Edit: And Jessica Hynes n

Edited by Pinc

After much moidering I took the little one into Regal Pawn off of UK Pawn Stars the other day as its just down the road. One of the girls was chatting to her and got the guys off the tv show to have their pictures taken with her and gave her complimentary bumper stickers and the like. They don't really class as celebrities though and the show is fucking awful, cool shop mind.

I helped TV Chef John Burton-Race find a post office last week. Saw him wandering around all confused so walked him there as I had to go and get some stamps myself. Seemed a nice enough bloke.

I once scared the living shite out of that Mario and Lisa from Big Brother at a chariddy do after I had a few too many of the 2for1 Mojitos.

Evidence....

hbi5.jpg

Edited by Jacob Israel

I imagine that's the most excited a man's looked meeting Big Brother contestants.

It was the signed Steve Watson shirt I was excited about...lesson learnt though...never enter a charity auction when hammered, with mates who think its funny to drive bids up. Pricks.

ywt1.jpg

Victory...

Edited by Jacob Israel

Saw the big nosed asian from the channel 4 show dinner dates walking into starbucks in Ealing a week ago if he counts.

Ignoring the rules quite alot.

Maybe 6 years ago saw the guy from the ITV drama about a bloke who moved his family to SA to look after an animal sanctuary on Edgware Road looking dodgy as fuck, unshaven wearing a big coat. (Lot of whore houses on Edgeware Road). Also saw my married teacher in Soho looking similar when I was doing work experience when I was sixteen but that's a different story.

In 1999 saw Toadfish being chased around Waterloo station by a group of underaged girls, also saw Chico (Its Chico time!) in a similar situation on Oxford street a good few years ago. I have some sympathy for the current paedo scandals with what I saw.

Worked for a famous chef in Mayfair and met Baby Spice, Harvey Keitel, Keanu Reeves, Ainsley Harriot, Ronnie Corbett, Kylie Minogue (looked amazing) and did lunch in the kitchen on his birthday for Tony Blair and Cilla Black came in and said hello to him, not to us, bitch.

Dined at Browns a few years ago with Huw Edwards and Boris Johnson (before he was mayor) on other tables.

Used to run into David Mellor regularly in the South Kensington Area a few years ago.

When I worked for the Dorchester Nichole Kidman ate my tomato concasse, does that count?

Saw the Northern girl from Girls Aloud in Leicester Square a few month ago not Sarah Harding the other one.

So really just the big nosed Asian psycho from dinner dates as of late.