Worst Debut Ever?

TheShowOff

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think they probably saw him and the gimmick in action and realised the package wasn't any good. Vince supposedly detests all the carny bollocks associated with wrestling, so it was probably always going to grate with him eventually.

Anyway, it's been touched on, but the RVD debut was something special. RVD pre-debut had the buzz of a game changer about him; folk were thinking he was the bloke that could carry the company (even TNA, seeing as he won the title not long into his run). Looking back, every time Sting hit RVD with the bat (and it went of for ages) a bit of his enthusiasm and star power was beat out him.

when you watch the promos back, its just a fucking stupid idea all-round.

you just end up going "eh?" at the end of the second one. They made less sense that an Ultimate Warrior promo. ans souldn't have to be made to feel like they're cracking the enigma code to understand a promo. What type of reaction did they really think this guy was going to get

• Paid Members

I remember seeing Kizarny on an FCW show when he was wrestling as Sinn Bowdee and I thought he was pretty good. He had a unique look, a fun gimmick and was one of the most charismatic guys on the card. He got better reactions than the likes of Cabana, Barrett and Sheamus that night. When I saw he was getting the call to the main roster I was excited for him, but that gimmick died on its arse. Really makes you wonder what the thought process was there.

• Paid Members

Yeah he's entertaining enough as Sinn Bohdi. It seems like the gimmick failed for all manner of reasons, with different people having their own idea of how it should be presented and it all combining to create something that nobody was happy about.

"Speaking Carny, that was Vince (McMahon's) idea. I know how to speak Carny but it was his idea to do it in my promos. I would have preferred to speak half-English and half-Carny so people could get the gist of what the hell I was saying. But, again, you're in WWE's house. You don't put your feet on their table and eat their food. You want to do things according to how they do it and that's that...

...I was directed to speak every word in Carny. If I was given my own personal flavor, I would have, you know, done my promo however I wanted to do my promo. Be a little creepy, be a little dark and somber, then be a little playful and drop some nonsensical Carny so if you understood it or not, it was neither here nor there. It just added to the ambience of my kookiness, or what have you

• Paid Members

I like weirdos. I thought Kizarny had so much potential as a bloke who popped up with a funny line backstage before disappearing. As soon as I seen him on doing those crazy vignettes I thought "they have to get him and Boogeyman together".

ECW should have had a weirdos corner. They should have had this one 15 minute segment each week where you had Boogeyman, Kizarny, Hornswoggle, Super Porky, Great Khali and people of that ilk just mucking about. Boogey could be smashing a clock off his head. Super Porky could be eating with Hornswoggle laughing at him. Kizarny could have been swallowing his fire sword and they could all interact. "Thiz-ose wiz-orms liz-ook tiz-asty. Wiz-ould yiz-ou liz-ike tiz-o siz-ample Siz-uper Piz-orky hiz-am?"

• Moderators

In all fairness, he was good in The New Church in TNA. But that was a perfect storm of a stable full of shit (other than Wolfie D who is awesome) which included Brian Lee and he's a Harris Boy, yet somehow just working well.

Archived