Gyppo Threads

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
What's wrong with British Knights?

Funnily enough actually, when we were kids and they were considered a bit gyppo round here, they were actually really popular in the USA.

They're alright kicks though.

I'm going on the prejudice of my youth, they were indeed considered a bit gyppo, they don't still exist do they?

• Moderators

I had a plain pair for PE when I was a kid. I didn't want them but that's what my old man decided, and they were actually really good. He did really know best some times despite my whining. Like when he got us a Megadrive and I wanted a NES. The Megadrive was loads better.

• Paid Members

The thing I thought was weird about British Knights was they were heavily branded despite their reputation of being so ghetto, I mean they usually had a big BK on them and British Knights written on the tongue.

I'll never understand why shitty brands put logos on their clothing, I'd wear something made by anyone but I certainly wouldn't wear a shirt from Marks and Spencer with Blue Harbour embroidered on it. I saw a guy wearing a black jumper once and it had the George (the Asda clothing company) logo on the breast, who the fuck would wear that? I don't even wear clothes with famous brands indiscreetely on them, I hate clothes that just advertise the company but wearing clothes with a crap logo on them is mad.

• Paid Members
I always had to put up with crap trainers as a kid. Aerosport, Ascot and the like. They were my 'playing out' trainers. Looking back, I guess my mum was dead right not to splash out on better ones, as I would only fuck them up within a few months.

I had to put up with fucking Zee. I used to dread my mum going past a Timpson's.

• Paid Members
Did you have Gola trainers over there? Wasn't even poor but still had the suffer the shame of them as I used to go through shoes really quickly playing football at lunch and the like.

Yeah, similarly to Dunlop, Gola were considered to be absolute wank by kids in the nineties, but have since found themselves returning to fashion thanks to the whole retro sportswear trend that went around.

When I went to spastic school, I got mocked for wearing a tracksuit branded Active. I think that was the name, I seem to remember it came from a catalogue. Whatever the make was, they started calling me that as a nickname, and I cried over it.

I remember at one point in the last year or two of secondary school or start of sixth form, I had some shoes that were a knock-off of Rockports. Rockfall I think. The name was somewhere on the shoe and I always desperately avoided standing or sitting in a way where someone would see it. It's funny to me now that things like that caused such embarrassment back then. Same as the dreaded Aldi bag. Kids really do care about stupid things.

I saw a guy wearing a black jumper once and it had the George (the Asda clothing company) logo on the breast, who the fuck would wear that?

People who work there.

When I went to spastic school, I got mocked for wearing a tracksuit branded Active. I think that was the name, I seem to remember it came from a catalogue. Whatever the make was, they started calling me that as a nickname, and I cried over it.

I remember at one point in the last year or two of secondary school or start of sixth form, I had some shoes that were a knock-off of Rockports. Rockfall I think. The name was somewhere on the shoe and I always desperately avoided standing or sitting in a way where someone would see it. It's funny to me now that things like that caused such embarrassment back then. Same as the dreaded Aldi bag. Kids really do care about stupid things.

I saw a guy wearing a black jumper once and it had the George (the Asda clothing company) logo on the breast, who the fuck would wear that?

People who work there.

I'm sorry Pity but I just laughed a fair bit at the Active story. Mainly because a mate of mine used to wear Active trousers whilst lounging about his house. They had holes all over them but he must have had them for about 16 years easily. Every time he'd get a bird he'd smarten himself up and hide the jogging bottoms away from his latest love, but whenever he split up with a bird we'd know because the Active jogging bottoms would make an appearance.

Archived