Gauntley At It Again!

scott_2k16

• Paid Members

The great thing about this is, in 6-12 months we get to go through it all again with the next Gauntley scam. Undoubtedly Dale Mills will get mugged off again if it is wrestling related, because he always does. Ben Auld has always come across as a decent guy, but he got into bed with Gauntley on the deal to bring Steve Corino over for Pro Wrestling Republic and Southside shows, so if you lay down with dogs you catch fleas. That association really does taint Ben in my eyes.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The website has been updated. Looks like Gauntley has bottled it and is paying up.

What's the latest?

As of August 27, 2013 (four months since the order), I have received a partial refund of

Fuck me, he ran it with him? I thought he just had a hand in it. No wonder it shit-bombed after 2 issues and was never seen again. Shocking.

I got in touch with Keith some time in the middle of Issue 3 and he said he'd left the project and passed it to someone called Steven. I had no idea it was Gauntley! I even emailed the fucker asking about Issue 4.

He didn't reply either, cunt.

All I know thus far is that Pixel Nation was to be acquired by a legitimate source, none of the names mentioned in the original ling, as part of a bigger conglomerated retro affair. However things, went spectacularly belly up ( which is what I'm trying to find out what happened) and the whole thing crashed and burned, which sounds familiar.

Steven Gauntley (Retro_Heart) was listed as a director for Pixel Nation along with Keith (Lofarius) as well as for One Up Publishing,which suggests that he was more than just a hand in it!

If anyone want's the whole mini arcade debacle as featured before the original link for this thread got shortened, it's here

The fact that all mention of Ben has been removed from the shortened version now on the website suggests to me that he's not really anything to do with this.

Cheers for that Magnum PI.

To be fair not all of us are going to go back and read the whole thing again, so thanks for the update TysonSL, saved me looking at it again.

I can't imagine after making the effort to put so much stuff up the guy taking the stuff down on Ben Auld if he still feels he has an axe to grind with him, so looks like something has been sorted out. Hopefully Gauntley will pay the guy back and Ben Auld will get the money he is owed too and that will be the last we hear of any Gauntley messing with other peoples money.

As for the person saying this type of stuff is why he will only give money to WWE, it's a shame people feel like that because there are lots of really good trustworthy promoters out there putting on great shows. Unfortunately it only takes one infamously bad one to ruin the whole UK scenes reputation and tar others who are actually trying to make things better with the same brush.

• Paid Members
The great thing about this is, in 6-12 months we get to go through it all again with the next Gauntley scam. Undoubtedly Dale Mills will get mugged off again if it is wrestling related, because he always does. Ben Auld has always come across as a decent guy, but he got into bed with Gauntley on the deal to bring Steve Corino over for Pro Wrestling Republic and Southside shows, so if you lay down with dogs you catch fleas. That association really does taint Ben in my eyes.

Yes I was an idiot , the stress it caused me has been untrue. I was warned but had what I felt at the time was a very good reason to believe that everything would be OK. One massive reason I have not commented is it involves others. I know being involved with this has tarnashed me which from my point of view is worse than the funds that I lost.

I have tried real hard to do the right thing and I think in the last 18 months I have done well which is why all of this is so frustrating but I know I can only blame myself. I know the truth and so does anybody on here that knows me well. I have a job that simply would not allow me to rip people off and that is far more important than being involved with wrestling.

I think you should approach a BritWres show like picking a tradesman for home improvements. Find out their reputation from sites like this, check examples of previous work (youtube) and don't pay anything in advance.

The Scottish scene is red hot right now but if I were in England I'd be wary about attending any companies debut show unless the promoter had some kind of positive history or background.

Avoid Gauntley like the plague! I dealt with him a few years ago just after Joey Mecury was released from WWE. I paid half of Joeys airfair along with Gauntley. Mercury never made the flight. After dealing with one of Gauntleys people, I was informed that a refund had been issued to Gauntley. After various correspondence and reassurance that I'd get my half, here I am, several years later, still waiting. I won't hold my breath. Though I'd hold his if I could get hold of him for 5 minutes.

• Paid Members

I would say that Ben is not the sort of guy to make the same mistakes twice, apart from his continued booking of Marty Scurll obviously. He has always been easy to deal with and people I know who have been booked by him say he is one of the most reliable promoters in the UK to work for.

Has anyone else noticed how often a member of Gauntleys family dies though? He either has a massive family where law of averages makes sense one will pop it on almost any given day, or they all have the plague. If it is the second one I wouldn't worry about it too much as he'll probably be six feet under by the end of the week.

Archived