Gauntley At It Again!

scott_2k16

As far as im aware Ben Auld had nothing to do with any incarnation of 1pw.

Who am I thinking of? Someone on here over the last couple of years was taking money for one of the various supershows/conventions and either had to pay it all back to people when the promoters vanished, or upset people by going "I had nothing to do with it."

You maybe thinking of Adam Curtis. But he never did say he had nothing to do with it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Mr. Auld responded:

July 16, 2013: "I'm afraid that Steven [Gauntley] has also ripped me off, Basically he owed my a load of money and used your funds to pay me half of what he owed me. He then failed to pay me the other half and much like yourself he is now not responding to any emails I send him."

I explained that the money was not his to keep, as I had never received any product. Mr. Auld replied:

July 16, 2013: "I'm just being honest mate I'm not going to do this as I have done nothing wrong and am not losing out twice to Steven. I have lost a lot of money to him and won't lose any more to him. I have also been ripped of here so am no less harmed than yourself."

On the contrary, Mr. Auld has done something very wrong. Having admittedly already been scammed by Mr. Gauntley, he knowingly and willfully accepted money from a third-party to settle his debts.

He made no attempt to warn me of Mr. Gauntley's prior wrongdoing. He could have returned it on the spot, as the note on the transaction clearly explained what it was for. He continues to keep the money. It is unfortunate that Mr. Auld has also been wronged by Mr. Gauntley, but in no way does it entitle him to keep my money unless Mr. Gauntley delivers the items I ordered.

Unfortunately, Mr. Auld still incorrectly believes he is allowed to keep my money because he got ripped off first:

August 4, 2013: "actually for all I know you could be scamming , I received the money in good faith so fuck you . I am not guilty in any way. You got ripped off ( so you say ) so did I , you just expect me to cover yours . You have his address so go get the money !""

To be honest, While everything else seems to be very acurate, these bits about Ben Auld seem unlike him. He always posts about doing the right thing and being professional so telling somebody to **** off and keeping their money doesn't sound like what you would expect from him....

I am sure he would be more than happy to give an innocent person from the US his money back and he knows all too well how bad it feels to have money taken from him in good faith.

To be fair, i do not agree with some of the things Ben has done in the past but it certainly does not sound like him to say "fuck off" or anything like that.

• Paid Members

Firstly, if a different paypal user name created suspicion, why not at least ask why the user name is different before sending money?

Secondly, if a large ammount of money appears in your paypal account and you aren't expecting it, nor have anything to do with the transaction, yet you knowingly accept it and don't ask any questions. You are an idiot, or if you know that PayPal won't force a refund, then you are a twat.

(Not directly aimed at Ben, don't know if he was legit involved, but if he was...)

If gaunt has registered this business (hahaha) would the financial ombudsman or trading standards be obvious avenues? In this case, I doubt it as the buyer knowingly paid a third party.

Shitter

I seem to remember Dale Mills pushing this mini retro arcade thing a while back, but I believe he got done over by Gauntley again with the whole Republic shambles so if he did have any involvement at some point that might be done with now. Maybe he could shed some light on the situation though. I'd be interested to see Ben's response. It might not be like him (I've never spoken to him so I can't tell) but being dragged into a fraud case by someone trying to save themselves could possibly make someone act defensive and even aggressive. We'll just have to wait and see but I wouldn't judge or defend him until he's had his say.

• Paid Members

I am more than aware of the situation , all I can say at the moment is don't believe everything you read.

I am furious about this situation but am not going to explain the whole situation on a fan forum. There are many horrible things I have encountered in British Wrestling over the last three years but in the last 18 months I have not commented on any of them as I try to remain as professional as can be.

I have run Southside for nearly 3 years and ran 30 shows , never ever have you heard of somebody not being paid or ripped off even on a couple of shows that have gone horribly wrong. If people on here choose not to believe me then that's your choice but all I can say is it's far more complicated than the article makes out.

• Paid Members
I am more than aware of the situation , all I can say at the moment is don't believe everything you read.

Matt Hardy said that when Jeff got busted for owning a sofa lined with Heroin.

• Paid Members
Oh Fuck! I didnt know Gauntley ran Pixel Nation with Keith, explains why the book I wrote for got gypped. Shall pass on the details and see if I can get anymore!

Fuck me, he ran it with him? I thought he just had a hand in it. No wonder it shit-bombed after 2 issues and was never seen again. Shocking.

I got in touch with Keith some time in the middle of Issue 3 and he said he'd left the project and passed it to someone called Steven. I had no idea it was Gauntley! I even emailed the fucker asking about Issue 4.

He didn't reply either, cunt.

• Moderators
After losing money myself to 1pw I feel complete sympathy for the person who lost out and I can understand asking Ben Auld for his money back as I would try anything too but I don't think he has any responsibility to pay for Gauntleys mess ups either and I wouldn't realistically expect him to refund goods he has not sold.

Taking money for goods he has not sold is fine though? If you're letting Gauntley use your Paypal account to take payments for his latest scams, you're in bed with him and share the burden of the fallout.

This. Exactly this. Doesn't matter if this bloke was an idiot for sending money to a 3rd party, the fact that CLEARLY the 3rd party knew he was going to get "refunded" using another blokes money, and then is quite happy to keep it using the "im just as poor off aint i mate" excuse.

At the end of the day we're heading one person's perspective out of three. We don't know the full story. Statement's could have been made up, information could have been made up.

But at the end of the day, if relevant parties aren't willing to make a statement/comment, people will draw their own conclusions....

Archived