UKFF Fantasy Booking Cup - Final Vote

Fatty Facesitter

Who's your pick to win?   

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

So, after many months of dropouts, delays, and admittedly some laziness on my part, here's the public poll to determine YOUR vote for yo' favourite wrestling fantasist.

Despite the problems encountered running this thing, there's been some wonderful entries this year, and with the final in particular I think the competition has basically peaked. They were so ridiculously good and threw up some absolutely detail in the process.

For those who missed it, the final entries start -----> HERE <-----

The scenario was thus: WWE is closing it's doors. Ending. Five decades of history and all that jazz, done. How and why the company was effectively ceasing operations was entirely up to the bookers, but it had to actually end. In reality it seems totally unthinkable, but if it ever did, I hope it would happen with at least some of the ideas these guys put forward.

They're long, but you KNOW with these two posters that it'll be well worth it, and I defy you not to shudder and think "Christ, this might actually have to happen one day" or words to the effect.

As for the voting, whoever wins this poll, it will basically count as one vote. I'm asking around for judges but as yet it's a little quiet on the Western front, so it might just come down to this. Either way, get voting.

Don't forget, the winner wins an actual trophy. Nothing fancy, but by god you've got to play for SOMETHING. As NEWM will attest to, this is an actual prize (even if he waited nearly a year for me to get off my arse and deliver it to him.).

Anyway, on you go.

2 absolutely awesome entries guys, well done to both of you. I was eliminated by Up Chuck so it's easy to swallow losing to a finalist.

I think HG just takes it for me, both of them felt very special but I'll go for Harmonic Generator.

Also Nick your link goes to Match of the Day...

• Awards Moderator

Just to point out to potential voters, my entry was posted on July 22nd, and was as up to date as I could have it up to that time, but given the events surrounding Summerslam, doesn't read as up to date as it would be if I'd written it more recently! All champions and rivalries were based around those at the mid-to-end of July.

• Paid Members
I voted Up Chuck. HarmGen's was good and I thought it couldn't be beaten, until I read Chuck's. Both excellent though.

Yeah that's pretty much how I felt.

Honestly this is a bit of a coin flip for me, both were excellent and fully deserving of a trophy.

• Paid Members

Christ, lads, got me blushing here.

I'm feeling the love all round. I'd love to win it, natch, but if HG takes it I won't be moaning. I think we gave each other a cracking run in the semi and the final. Wish more people had stuck with this, it's been tons of fun and rewarding for the time put in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Gents, we have a winner.

As promised, the winner gets a trophy, and that'll be sent along to them at some point between now and...let's say Christmas, to be on the safe side.

I'd like to thank everyone for taking part and, for the people submitting in the latter rounds, their patience.

That being said,

The winner is...

Michael-Winner.jpg

HARMONIC GENERATOR!!!

Momma would be so proud. Drop me a PM with your address and I'll get your prize sorted...eventually!

Up Chuck, thanks for being such an amazing contestant and for your perseverance during the whole thing. Great final, great entries for both of you throughout.

*Drops the mic*

• Awards Moderator

Good gracious. I'm chuffed, I didn't expect in the slightest that I'd win, and not just because I sometimes wondered if we'd ever get to the end... It was loads of fun writing my entries and coming up with the ideas, and well done to Up Chuck for getting to the end too, and Nick for the organisation and perseverencel I'd definitely be up for attempting to retain the title if this is ever happens again!

Thanks to everyone who voted too, all 11 of you who voted for me are entitled to 1/11th of this mythical trophy.

Woo!

• Paid Members

Congrats. Got your PM, will sort out the needful.

In all honesty, I don't think I'll be taking charge of this again, it's pretty hard work truth be told. So if anyone wants to take it over and do it later in the year or early next year, be my guest. It might actually be kid of cool to take part as a contestant for a change, who knows.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'd be happy with that. Though I think I've blown my load and already thrown most of my ideas into the last two competitions! That "Last night of WWE" one, I was hoping to save for a bit actually. There's a few you could bring back obviously, like Rumbles, King of the rings and so on.

It's fun, but it's also a monster to take on in many respects. But I dare say you're far more organised than me!

Archived