Possible reason why Hulk's not on TNA anymore ...

IANdrewDiceClay

Completely wrong. He went home over a dispute over his WrestleMania payoff. He was supposed to wrestle on a tour of Australia following it and he didn't return. When he was asked to come back, he said he'd return if he beat Lesnar at Madison Square Garden. He put Lesnar over clean, he put Kurt Angle over clean, he put over Triple H, he worked with Christian and Lance Storm. I know it obviously hurts you to admit it, but he put a lot of people over when he came back.

When he returned in 2005, he beat Shawn Michaels because it was personal between them. He had the right to say no and he used it. He was totally in the right any everyone from Court Bauer (who was there) to Dave Meltzer backed Hogan up on that. In a legend vs legend match, Michaels was never going over Hogan.

Ok mate, I'll admit that I forgot about a lot of Hogans work in 2002. As for 2005, I never said that I had a problem with how he dealt with Michaels. As far as I was concerned I thought it was time Michaels got a dose of his own medicine. I really enjoyed that match too.

I think if I get back to my original point which is that Hall and Nash would spend 99% of their time clowning around that The Shield would be made to look like a joke and would not gain anything from that match in the long term.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it's not something you need to worry yourself about. There is zero chance that Hogan, Hall and Nash are working The Shield at WrestleMania.

Cheers for letting me know that. I felt like Atlas carrying the weight around on my shoulders!

Losing to Hogan, Hall and Nash would be a much bigger and better deal for The Shield at WrestleMania than beating three random guys. They did that at this year's WrestleMania, and it did nothing for them because it was same-old that they'd been doing for months already at that point.

As much as I love the idea, if you have a plan that involves Nash being the main bumper for a team, you're in trouble.

Hogan/Cena v Piper/Punk or something would be better. Hogan can bleed and kneel dramatically for his part, and then do the whole comeback. There's no way he's ever doing a leg drop though, it'd kill him.

• Paid Members

They could easily do a 'gimmick battle royal' of some kind, have Hogan be a surprise entrant, comes out to Real American, clears the ring, rips the shirt, wins the battle royal, has a pose down moment. Would be simple, and doesn't require him taking any bumps.

They could easily do a 'gimmick battle royal' of some kind, have Hogan be a surprise entrant, comes out to Real American, clears the ring, rips the shirt, wins the battle royal, has a pose down moment. Would be simple, and doesn't require him taking any bumps.

What's the point of putting wrestling's biggest ever star in some random battle royal as a surprise entrant on the biggest show of the year?

• Paid Members

Nostalgia pop, makes about the same difference as having him make an unannounced run-in. If he can't work an actual match, it's a possible work around, and a scenario where he can have a match without having to do the leg drop!

• Paid Members

That would be akin to having a 50th anniversary of United first winning the European cup and having Bobby Charlton make the tea and sarnies for Ben Thornley at half time.

Its Mania so the general public will order it but advertising Hogan beforehand could push it to record breaking numbers, a lot of people wont have seen him or even known about him being in TNA and the pop for seeing Hogan for the 1st time in almost a decade on a WWE show would be huge

They could go another route which which mentioned before on here and potentially announce an NWO HOF induction thus ensuring he is advertised as being there and then have him do something on the show unannounced to get the live pop when Real American hits

That would be akin to having a 50th anniversary of United first winning the European cup and having Bobby Charlton make the tea and sarnies for Ben Thornley at half time.

Cute joke but it's absolutely fuck all like that. In the above scenario, Hogan is the spotlight. It's certainly no worse than coming down to beat up Muhammed Hassan unannounced.

• Paid Members
Cute joke but it's absolutely fuck all like that. In the above scenario, Hogan is the spotlight. It's certainly no worse than coming down to beat up Muhammed Hassan unannounced.

Apart from being announced as being there for the Hall of Fame induction and then going on to feud with Hassan for the next month, you mean? Hogan as announced for WrestleMania that year. And WrestleMania 21 isn't WrestleMania 30.

Archived