Possible reason why Hulk's not on TNA anymore ...

IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, as much as I dislike Hogan and would be happy to never see him on my TV ever again (in a wrestling environment at least) it just seems right that he have a spot at WM30. Almost in a "finish what you started" kind of way. It would seem weird if he wasn't there to be honest.

As for TNA, surely it's just as likely they've not used him due to the ongoing cost-cuttting by the Carter's? Wasn't it $35k an episode he was getting? His guarantee will either be much lower or on a per-date basis, which they may have already used up, in which case not using him is a straight $70k saving per taping. It's fucking annoying that TNA never manages to have a proper end to these big stable angles though. Guys always end up just leaving and the angles fade away despite them devoting weeks and months of TV time to them. I haven't watched for a few weeks but did they even address DOC leaving? Or Matt Morgan, who they just spent 6 months working a semi-angle with Hogan?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

DOC had the perfect character explanation for departure - his last appearance was the episode where they voted Anderson over him as VP following their little disagreement.

All it would take is a line on commentary, or an aside from Bully in a backstage bit, that a) he quit, or b) they "took care" of him. But as far as I've noticed, not even a mention. I do FF quite a bit though, so it may have happened.

• Paid Members
DOC had the perfect character explanation for departure - his last appearance was the episode where they voted Anderson over him as VP following their little disagreement.

All it would take is a line on commentary, or an aside from Bully in a backstage bit, that a) he quit, or b) they "took care" of him. But as far as I've noticed, not even a mention. I do FF quite a bit though, so it may have happened.

They mentioned it the week he left for the reasons you mentioned, he didn't take well to being outvoted.

Smart move on TNA's part really from a financial point of view. Brooke's salary could help bring in a few new faces if they choose, hell it could bring in a whole locker room of knockouts on their per appearance deals I imagine. I tried to warm to Brooke but she would come out with the most generic uninspired stuff each week such as telling Mickie James that she has "really been on a roll" after she hasn't been there for four months and telling Miss Tessmacher that she is really making an impact after a month off TV etc.

She played her part well enough with the whole Bully thing though to be fair and the story should come to a real end. Instead 10 months of Bully-Brooke will be forgotten about now. Brooke and Hogan were humiliated at Lockdown and the only real bit of revenge was Chris Sabin winning the championship from Bully unaided. Dear me.

I think TNA believe they should just fuck people off because they can just change focus the following week but it makes me wonder why they bother having storylines when they're often completely forgotten about. They'd be better off just having light storylines opposed to these 'arcs' which they believe are incredible such as the A&8 unfolding over such a long period...only it isn't that good when there is no pay off and it involves characters you're not arsed about paying.

• Paid Members

Well, unless Brooke Hogan was on $1.2 million a month (which she isn't), this isn't doing anything to help their financial state. Until they start selling tickets (which they've never done in their 11 year history), they are still going to be knackered in terms of how much they are losing. Sacking anyone from Sting to Zima Ion isn't going to make any difference. All you are doing is brushing a rotten tooth.

• Paid Members
With Hogan sodding off, d'you reckon Bischoff will go with him?

With anyluck.

If you read the spoilers the company cant get any worse.

It can. It was much worse 4 years ago. It's not interesting right now, but at least there's no reverse battle royals.

In the larger sense of the company, she wont make much difference to finances but if Joey Ryan, Taylor Hendrix, Madison Rayne and Christian Yorke's releases were cited as cost cutting measures then Brooke's release would subscribe to that belief. Although you do get the sense that they are looking at one column which is saving a pittance on cutting talent, Spike money and international TV deals and then another column of their losses by taking the show on the road hoping that somehow a good balance comes of it all, guess its just a case of taking babysteps towards that balance.

Hogan in the Rumble. You heard it hear first ;-)

Unless he's winning it, 'Iron Sheik-at-WM17-stylee', the bump over the top rope would finish off his back for good.

Im still trying to come up with a reason why that would be a bad thing.

Hogan winning the title at manias 30th anniversary would be pretty cool.

I'm calling a Hogan/Cena match for 'Mania if he does go back to the 'E. Either a one on one against each other or Hogan and Cena against maybe Piper and someone else in a nostalgia trip to the first 'Mania main event.

Nah, I can't see them going with a tag main event to be honest. Cena has to be the main event, they have no bigger fulltime star, but you don't put Hogan and Cena vs. Piper and someone on last, no way. I'm not even sure I see Cena vs. Hogan anymore. I figure Cena has to go on last, because he's so far ahead of every other fulltimer, and while I think Cena vs. Hogan could be great I'm not sure you can put that on last at 'Mania. I'm not sure can build 'Mania around it either.

Archived