The Official WWE Summerslam 2013 Thread

Cobra1000

20130812_light_summerslam_tripleh_C-homepage.jpg

Well, days away from one of the big 4 and its a bit disheartening to see no thread. (unless I've missed it)

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian

Kane vs. Bray Wyatt (Ring of Fire Match)

Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston & Divas Champion AJ Lee

Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow

Natalya vs. Brie Bella

United States Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam (Kickoff Match)

Should be a fun night, I know everyone shits on the kickoff stuff, but I reckon RVD vs Ambrose will actually make people watch the pre show rather than Miz vs R-Truth or whatever they used to have. Christian and Del Rio have fantastic chemistry whenever they meet in the ring, just a shame that there is nothing to the feud, other than a rather excellent video package on Christian on Raw, so should be a decent encounter at least.

We were all excited for Bryan vs Cena until the McMahons got involved, and with Triple H as the referee we'll probably have shenanigans galore. Triple H is going heel and costing Bryan the victory isnt he? Or is he? There is always Randy Orton looming in the background with his MITB breifcase, could Bryan win only to be hit with an RKO and a cash in?

Punk vs Lesnar is hopefully going to steal the show, just cant wait for it.

The rest should all be fairly entertaining, lets see if Cody can get more momentum as a face against Sandow and hopefully figure out what this ring of fire match actually is...

• Paid Members

The only way I can really condone HHH being anywhere near this match is if he screws Bryan and then puts him over at Wrestlemania or something. If HHH isn't in this to get Bryan over then he shouldn't be near it.

I'm really looking forward to Summerslam, the card looks solid.

I'm hoping Bryan wins, they need to hit the iron when it's got, it would be an amazing moment seeing Bryan making Cena tap out. I hate the fact that after the build they have had between the two that they include Triple H, when he doesn't really have a place there apart from the fued he is having with Vince. I can see Triple H attacking Bryan and will start a fued. I just don't want to see Triple H in a fued anymore, I hope Bryan gets a clean win and Triple H puts Bryan over, simple.

If Triple H screws Bryan I see it going down the same route as the Triple H/Punk fued, Triple H goes over..again.

I actually think the card looks pretty weak, to be honest. SummerSlam's their 2nd biggest PPV of the year but the card just seems a bit 'm'eh' to me.

Punk v Lesnar is the draw for me. Sure, all the matches have some kind of 'story' to them but I dunno it just doesn't scream '2nd biggest show of the year' card to me.

I actually think the card looks pretty weak, to be honest. SummerSlam's their 2nd biggest PPV of the year but the card just seems a bit 'm'eh' to me.

Punk v Lesnar is the draw for me. Sure, all the matches have some kind of 'story' to them but I dunno it just doesn't scream '2nd biggest show of the year' card to me.

surely Royal Rumble has surpassed Summerslam as the #2 PPV of the year

I've actually shelled out the pennies for this on Sky. Does the pre show match with RVD actually get aired on the pay per view purchase or do I need to catch that seperately on line?

online I think. Its shown on a number of different outlets, but youtube would be the easiest one to go with i imiagine

surely Royal Rumble has surpassed Summerslam as the #2 PPV of the year

Nah, they have a full weeks worth of hype for SummerSlam with festivities in the city, a fanfest etc etc like they do at WrestleMania. Royal Rumble doesn't have that.

Rumble may be the more 'important' show in terms of WrestleMania build etc but SummerSlam is their 2nd biggest hyped/promoted show.

Archived