Prisoner:Cell Block H remake to air on Channel 5

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

I think all fans of the original back in the day probarbly used her on desperate, lonly evenings (this was before 'tinternet), as the fit ones like Karen Travers never seemed to go near the showers.....

Managed to see the whole series already. Wentworth does a pretty good job of bringing Prisoner up to date and suited to the present day. Some of the character names remain but some of the personalities are very different to the originals. Also look out for some ex Neighbours actresses (some of which I hadn't seen since the 80s).

• Paid Members
Also look out for some ex Neighbours actresses (some of which I hadn't seen since the 80s).

Does Dee Bliss make an appearance?

I think I would definitely watch if she were back on my screen

Does Dee Bliss make an appearance?

I think I would definitely watch if she were back on my screen

If Dee is Toadie's ex wife who died (I stopped watching Neighbours regularly in the late 90s), then unfortunately not.

However, Steph Scully (still nice) and Madge Bishop do make appearances. If you're old enough to remember them, a character called Zoe (who went out with Jim Robinson in the mid 80s) and Jane Harris also appear. Jane used to be quite hot but she's older now. Zoe and Madge obviously never fell into the "babe" category lol

Nicole Da Silva who plays Frankie Doyle is pretty damn hot though. The new Erica (the Governor) is considerably hotter than the old one too (bearing in mind the old one was considerably older). Like the thread says, the new Bea isn't bad either.

Is Marilyn Mason in it? And is she fit?

Interestingly, Madge played about 5 people in the original Prisoner too.

If Marilyn is the blonde from Home and Away who ended up in Emmerdale, then I don't recall seeing her no.

Yes I remember Anne Charlston being in PCBH quite a few times. Most notably as Reb Keane's mother.

Have they kept the old theme song?

Alf Stewart from Home & Away was in the original for a bit, wasn't he? Played a right bastard as I recall.

No there's a new theme song with no lyrics.

Yes Alf Stewart was in Prisoner as two different characters IIRC. Both were bastards. My mate met the actor who played Alf when he was on holiday in Australia and had some beers with him. Said he was a really top bloke.

Archived