Your opinion about RVD's return so far?

LWOLeN

• Paid Members

He's been as good as anyone could expect him to be, realistically. He's at least as good now as he was before he left, definitely seems more motivated. And I feel exactly the same way as I did when he was last in WWE; not a huge fan, but he's good to have around because the crowds love him.

He's always been best in small doses for me, match-wise. He's had plenty of great TV matches in WWE, yet when he's on PPV, going 15/20+ minutes I usually end up bored.

I'm not arsed about seeing him go through the likes of Barrett and Fandango, his match with Orton on this weeks Smackdown however was brilliant. They both sold each others offence really well and amped the crowd up. A perfect TV match. I look forward to seeing him mix it up with Bryan and Cena (If he does).

RVD used to be my favourite wrestler ever but ever since I came back to wrestling in 08, I have absolutely no interest in ever seeing him again. The crowd love him, but every time I see him, I just zone out. He's been a bit more bearable back in WWE, but TNA has permanently destroyed him for me and marked as the least bothered person in wrestling.

I wish RVD would go away. Let me have my memories, you unarsed twat.

• Paid Members

His time away has definitely freshened him up. Before he last left I didn't give a shit about him, but his return has been great so far and I love having him back. He's had a couple of really good matches and the crowds have been super hot for him. My only concern is his lack of direction since Money in the Bank. He's sort of floundering in the upper mid-card at the moment, admittedly having good matches but with no particular storyline or natural match-up at SummerSlam, which is disheartening given the momentum he came in with.

Realistically, they should have just put him against Del Rio and fucked Christian off. Or started building a feud with Curtis Axel over the IC belt. Either way it seems really out of place and weird for someone to return so successfully, yet not have a program ready for him, leading towards the second biggest show of the year. At the very least, they should put him in a six- man against The Shield if the Big Show deal has fallen through. It'd be a huge waste if he didn't get on the card.

• Paid Members

I couldn't stand him in TNA because he clearly had lost all motivation. I wasn't expecting much better when I heard he was coming back but the hype videos actually got me quite looking forward to it and he hasn't disappointed so far. Looks like he's putting in the effort and his style actually looks pretty fresh again.

And as well as that, noone has to hear his TNA entrance music ever again which is great news.

• Paid Members
I couldn't stand him in TNA because he clearly had lost all motivation. I wasn't expecting much better when I heard he was coming back but the hype videos actually got me quite looking forward to it and he hasn't disappointed so far. Looks like he's putting in the effort and his style actually looks pretty fresh again.

Exact same for me. He's never gonna be setting the world alight again, but he's a million times better in WWE where he's motivated and nobody really wrestles like him than in TNA when he doesn't give a fuck and half their undercard is putting more effort into wrestling like him than he is. Nonetheless...

And as well as that, noone has to hear his TNA entrance music ever again which is great news.

...this is still by far the biggest upside.

• Paid Members

Exact same for me. He's never gonna be setting the world alight again, but he's a million times better in WWE where he's motivated and nobody really wrestles like him than in TNA when he doesn't give a fuck and half their undercard is putting more effort into wrestling like him than he is. Nonetheless...

...this is still by far the biggest upside.

Hearing the words VAN ASSASSINATOR in a theme song was just awful.

I'm really enjoying the RVD return also, he's nicely slotted into the position of the absent Jericho.

Archived