Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Slater was brilliant on Raw and SD this week. Thought Shane came across as a massive dickhead when he took the contract back though, he's supposed to be the cool face, so him doing that doesn't make much sense to me. But sure once WWE realise the crowd has become sympathetic to Slater they'll turn him into a crap face and beat the good parts of his character into the ground, as usual.

Enjoyable show overall though, Eva stuff is good fun and I'm enjoying Ziggler/Ambrose way more than Seth/Balor which I'm quite surprised about. Think I just hate Rollins more than noodle head.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Eva Marie stuff is fantastic, I'm sure it won't last but for now I'm loving it.

At the time I thought AJ in NewJapan was him at his peak though I'm so glad to be proven wrong as the guy just keeps on getting better and better. I'm not really sure where this fued with Cena is going now though, hopefully it ends with an AJ win at Summerslam otherwise I don't see the point in dragging it out this long.

Slater is the best babyface on the main roster right now. My heart sank when Shane took his contract away.

Curt Hawkins is gonna rip off MattFacts...alright then

• Paid Members

I don't get the Slater thing in how's he treated and to who it's aimed at. All the face authority figures treat a goof heel who technically works for them but undrafted like shit. It's a bit illogical. Is Slates a face now?

I don't get the Slater thing in how's he treated and to who it's aimed at. All the face authority figures treat a goof heel who technically works for them but undrafted like shit. It's a bit illogical. Is Slates a face now?

I'm not sure he technically works for them. The logic behind his actions seems to be that he's unemployed and needs a job to feed his kids.

At the moment, he's a comedy heel that babyfaces humiliate. That won't last.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure he technically works for them. The logic behind his actions seems to be that he's unemployed and needs a job to feed his kids.

At the moment, he's a comedy heel that babyfaces humiliate. That won't last.

The Brock thing for me though wasn't humiliating, anyone willing to force Brock into fighting them comes across as anything but. Sadly he's already fell to the likes of Jinder Mahal at this point so nothing can come of it.

Shane did the responsible thing by not letting Heath sign a contract when he clearly wasn't of sound mind to be doing so. He thought it was a Raw contract, for starters.

Perhaps they'll be open to him signing next week, and he'll screw it up for himself again.

Archived