Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Maybe that's a way they could make the two shows different, by not having the authority figures all over the show on Smackdown.

Sure, Bryan is popular, as is Shane, but is anyone actually buying a ticket to see them in those roles?

Let Bryan spend most of his time with Brie at home, and let Shane go back to whatever, and have them only show up sparingly.

Revert Smackdown to those lovely SNME style pre-credits interviews they were doing just before the draft, and make it appear like the whole card is already planned out in advance. It'll lend more of a "sports" vibe too, compared to a more chaotic Raw.

If they DESPERATELY need an on the fly announcement, you've got Renee at her control centre desk who can act as a host as well as an interviewer - "We've just received word from GM Daniel Bryan that due to Bray Wyatt's actions earlier tonight etc. etc."

Was watching a bit of the Smackdown repeat on Sky last night and they advertised a WWE championship match between Ambrose and Styles for the Smackdown taping in Glasgow.  Looks like they plan to keep the title on Ambrose until at least November. Or maybe he loses it and wins it back before then.

Bryan needs something to sink his teeth into. He'll be really good once there's some sort of feud but at the moment he's pretty much got nothing to work with. It's difficult as I don't really want him or Shane all over the shows anyway.

Chances are he won't be really good no matter what they give him. He's a really, really shitty promo. With very few exceptions, although he was good doing the Angry Little Man gimmick in 2012. And if they do give him substantial material, his awkward smirking and laughing will torpedo it.

I dunno, maybe he'll be better at it now he hasn't got wrestling to rely on.

Was kinda looking forward to Shelton Benjamin coming back in a way, seen nothing of him since he left and I always liked him. Would of slotted in well around the Intercontinental Title picture so its a shame he's hurt.

Smackdown whilst good at the minute will become dull very quickly with such a limited roster so i guess they'll step up bringing others back

It was a fun show. I am really digging the last few weeks. It just feels fresh for the first time in many years.

Just a small goof: Ziggler should have visited the make-up team after killing those zits on his forehead. Just saying...

Would anyone have been impressed if he'd beaten Kane? They were trying to prove he was ready for a WWE World Heavyweight Title match at SummerSlam, not prove he was ready for gainful employment as a wrestler.

Would anyone have been impressed if he'd beaten Kane? They were trying to prove he was ready for a WWE World Heavyweight Title match at SummerSlam, not prove he was ready for gainful employment as a wrestler.

Considering Ziggler has been a jobber for the last couple of years to begin with I would say yes. But then again I'm not a fan of this sudden Ziggler push storyline anyway.

The Eva Marie stuff continues to be fantastic

Wyatts v Ziggler/Ambrose was obvi-booking after last week and I wasn't fussed for it as a main event. Similar to this Raw in terms of overall quality, just more digestible.

This is a worthy highlight of any show though:

CnhOYzV.jpg

Archived