Smackdown Discussion Thread

David Otunga is one of the more horrible useless commentators in a very very long time. No redeeming features whatsoever.

I'd say 'Not being JBL' is always a redeeming feature.

I hope Harper is back soon. I think it's inevitable that we see the 'original' Wyatt Family regrouping on SmackDown.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to know how Heath Slater wasn't able to spot Rhino in that square room that he and Bryan were stood in a corner of, thereby having a clear view of the whole room.

Wrestling Greatest Mysteries- who lifted the briefcase, who sent Booker T that envelope and how bad is Heath Slater's eyesight

Blinded by the reflection of his own hair in Shane's forehead.

As for the exposed turnbuckle not causing a DQ, for our own collective sanity let's put it down to the fact that Bray was the one who removed the cover, so he effectively did it to himself. It's not Dolph's fault that ramming his opponent into the corner did more damage than it usually would.

I don't know if past examples contradict that theory, but shhhhhh. Don't even check.

I'm not a fan of Renee's interview set. It feels too detached, like they've gone to a separate building, and the echoing didn't help. They're also sitting too far apart. This kind of set is great for pre-show or post-show analysis, but it lacks the urgency and atmosphere that you expect while the show's actually going on.

I thought Smackdown was quite decent this week.

Highlights

Corbin - I liked how he took everyone out at the end of the triple threat. By far the best thing he has done since Mania.

American Alpha - Seeing them reminded me so much of The Worlds Greatest Tag team back on Smackdown when it was last good, I would love to see these face off with Enzo/Cass at next years Mania.

AJ Styles - Wasn't sure about him when he first joined WWE as far as character/promos go but he has really impressed me.

Bad Points

Daniel Bryan - He seems so lost on Smackdown, fluffed his lines a few times, it doesn't even feel like he is the GM at all. Ironically he is probably the least fresh thing on this new Smackdown. 

• Paid Members

Daniel Bryan - He seems so lost on Smackdown, fluffed his lines a few times, it doesn't even feel like he is the GM at all. Ironically he is probably the least fresh thing on this new Smackdown. 

It really doesn't. He looks like Shane's intern.

WWE have posted that Bryan is going to be at RAW on Monday.

The lead-up to the anticipated SummerSlam clash between Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar pitted Raw and SmackDown Live against each other in a whole new way this past week. After The Viper invaded Monday night’s hottest show to attack The Beast, Lesnar retaliated against WWE’s Apex Predator the following night and put Team Blue on notice. Now, Raw General Manager Mick Foley has invited SmackDown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan to Monday night’s hottest show for what’s sure to be an eventful meeting. Will the competition between Team Red and Team Blue stay friendly for long?

It's going to Raw vs. Smackdown at Survivor Series isn't it

American Alpha - Seeing them reminded me so much of The Worlds Greatest Tag team back on Smackdown when it was last good, I would love to see these face off with Enzo/Cass at next years Mania.

I reckon Enzo will be pushed as a singles competitor before WrestleMania comes back around.

WWE have posted that Bryan is going to be at RAW on Monday.

The lead-up to the anticipated SummerSlam clash between Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar pitted Raw and SmackDown Live against each other in a whole new way this past week. After The Viper invaded Monday night’s hottest show to attack The Beast, Lesnar retaliated against WWE’s Apex Predator the following night and put Team Blue on notice. Now, Raw General Manager Mick Foley has invited SmackDown Live General Manager Daniel Bryan to Monday night’s hottest show for what’s sure to be an eventful meeting. Will the competition between Team Red and Team Blue stay friendly for long?

It's going to Raw vs. Smackdown at Survivor Series isn't it

I hope not - they;re blowing their load far too early on all of this. It's ok if its just  Randy Oton and Lesnar - but if its going to turn into a full out war already then its a joke.

It's only been 3 weeks for crying out loud - on SmackDown last week when you had Cena saying how he'l be going to his talk shows in a blue suit because he loves this SmackDown! brand and all that bollocks...it was only 2 weeks ago he was on RAW, at least wait until the brand actually has an identity before all this starts up.

What fresh matches are we going to get if they war now also, it was only last month they were all facing each other anyway

• Paid Members

In fairness, if they're going to carry on with the fucking tedious Survivor Series format then they've really got nothing better than Raw vs. Smackdown. They need to put something big on the line though to make it worthwhile. The WM main event or 20 Royal Rumble slots to 10 or something.

As for the "brand love", they're fucked if they don't try and sell the brands as mattering and fucked if they do. People will be whining cunts either way.

Its not so much the brand love itslf thats the problem, the issues is its been 2 weeks since the draft, neither has a proper identity yet and it was only tje other week they were on the other shows.

At least wait a few months till you start with all that. Its like that mate we all know that as soon as he gets a girlfriend, within a week hes saying how much he loves her and needs to spend the rest of his life with her. Ridiculous

I don't mind Raw vs Smackdown at Survivor Series in a 10 man match as long as it has some decent story/reason behind it, doesn't have to be a war as such, just an inter-promotional match. 

I guess if you wanted to make it a Rumble thing, you could have the winning team be the last five entrants into the Rumble and the losing team be the first five, then it gets a bit tasty whatever the outcome. 

Archived