Smackdown Discussion Thread

Is Stephanie McMahon supposed to be annoying? 

Uhh, yeah?

Obviously, Steph can be pretty shit with the slaps and the heel burying but I don't see whats wrong with her childishly picking up on her brother's mic fumble.

You never been in an argument with somebody and you stammer a bit and the bastard uses that against you as though you've done anything to prove their point? Decent heeling. I also appreciate that little cup-handed wave she does like royalty when she comes out. Thought she was decent value on Raw this week "[the crowd] did cheer me once, you did! I was there". I dig her entrance theme too.

Steph = underrated. I give you permission to kill me for saying that as I feel very unclean. The Steph/Foley dynamic will be wank telly though.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Stephanie McMahon supposed to be annoying? Somebody needs to explain "quality, not quantity" when it comes to her speaking. It was like watching a drunken Auntie at times last night, while Shane and Bryan looked liked they were nervously plotting a terrorist attack.

I think Steph just goes off script and turns up the cunt factor whenever she feels like it. 

The problem is who is going to tell her what to do?

Is Stephanie McMahon supposed to be annoying?

Uhh, yeah?

Obviously, Steph can be pretty shit with the slaps and the heel burying but I don't see whats wrong with her childishly picking up on her brother's mic fumble.

You never been in an argument with somebody and you stammer a bit and the bastard uses that against you as though you've done anything to prove their point? Decent heeling. I also appreciate that little cup-handed wave she does like royalty when she comes out. Thought she was decent value on Raw this week "[the crowd] did cheer me once, you did! I was there". I dig her entrance theme too.

Steph = underrated. I give you permission to kill me for saying that as I feel very unclean. The Steph/Foley dynamic will be wank telly though.

She doesn't seem to get that people should be allowed a retort. Her timing is awful, talking all over people is annoying and not in a heel way.

• Paid Members

She's almost definitely going to be Sasha's mystery partner. If she's not whoever comes out is getting the Rey Mysterio Royal Rumble treatment.

I do genuinely think they are trolling us with this and Bayley will never debut.

Why do you keep saying that? What on earth do you think that would accomplish?

• Paid Members

Neville and Sin Cara doesn't really constitute being a called a Cruiserweight division does it?

If only there were 32 cruiserweight wrestlers WWE had knowledge of and could possibly acquire for this new division? It's a poser isn't it?

She's almost definitely going to be Sasha's mystery partner. If she's not whoever comes out is getting the Rey Mysterio Royal Rumble treatment.

I do genuinely think they are trolling us with this and Bayley will never debut.

Why do you keep saying that? What on earth do you think that would accomplish?

It would piss everyone off...and WWE has a tendency to do that from time to time just for shits and giggles.

Neville and Sin Cara doesn't really constitute being a called a Cruiserweight division does it?

If only there were 32 cruiserweight wrestlers WWE had knowledge of and could possibly acquire for this new division? It's a poser isn't it?

If only WWE actually bothered to explain how new wrestlers can appear on Raw and Smackdown after the draft. Is it a case that everyone not currently on the roster is now a free agent and both shows fight over them (eg. Tajiri, anyone coming up from NXT, anyone from the CWC)?

Cesaro's post-show interview is probably the best thing he's ever done. I usually can't stand the guy but he was golden here.

I was sort of hoping AJ, Gallows, Anderson and Balor would all be on the same show for obvious reason but oh well. Balor Club then ? Though I'm not too sure what their long term plan is for AJ.

Overall I thought the show itself was solid even if some of the picks were a bit naff. I must say that with the exception of Balor, Charlotte and Sasha Banks Smackdown is looking a million times more interesting that RAW right now.

Archived