Smackdown Discussion Thread

Anybody see Cesaro's interview. I assume it was on the Network it popped up on my Facebook, he seemed a very unhappy chap.

Good promo from him though. I think they made a slight mistake with his stats though: 280lb, debut in 1999 and 9-time tag champion (Bubba Ray's stats?).

Anyone see Kalisto's promo:

https://twitter.com/MichaelFarrer92/status/755593890749493248

"Make, make a, make a good Lucha thing..." Then he runs off.

Wow, just wow. Really feel for him. Better and more entertaining than anything on the actual Smackdown Draft though.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Bayley isn't the mystery partner on Sunday I'm just going to assume that someone with pull doesn't rate her.

I am wondering if the whole thing is one giant rib and Bayley is actually never called up.

I know some people are doomsdaying the womens division on NXT after the draft call-ups but they still have Asuka, they have the criminally under-used Billie Kay and Peyton Royce (who hopefully now might get a chance to develop personalities the fans give a shit about), the former Athena and Nikki Storm and their own prospects who need more seasoning in Liv Morgan and Mandy Rose. Plus they seem to use Santana Garrett, Tessa Blanchard and Rachel Ellering for matches too so they'll be fine in the long run.

• Paid Members

This Erick Rowan video is some creepy fucking stuff https://twitter.com/ERICKROWAN/status/755598558691229696

Here's the Cesaro interview. He's shooting, bro. https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/755590615581065216

That Kalisto interview is a head-on car crash. 40 seconds of glorious shit. https://twitter.com/JakeIsTheWorst/status/755595025111744513

So Sunday is meant to be the last time we'll see Owens and Zayn face off, yet they are drafted to the same brand because "this feud must continue!"

The pair of them are constantly involved with Jericho and Cesaro, both of whom are also drafted to Raw because "these feuds must continue!"

Basically, aside from Ziggler going to Smackdown. Raw's midcard isn't going to change one bit.

They've already started with those fucking red and blue t shirts again.  I hope Raw and Smackdown get a bit of a makeover from next week, but I'm not holding my breath.   I like Stephanie but that stupid voice she insists on doing has become so annoying.

I was surprised to see that Orton is going to Smackdown upon his return.  Also Bray gets the singles push he needs. Now they just need to turn him babyface. I'm pleased they've split the Wyatt's up.

• Paid Members

I'd like to see Bray as a baby and I think the fans are ready for it but with Ambrose, Cena and Orton, it looks a bit stacked for good guys.

I set my alarm for 6am to get up and watch Smackdown. Not been looking forward to it so much for more than ten years probably. Got up, had a wee and realised I never added it to Sky+! What a mug. Thank god I know somewhere to watchwrestling.

I chose to watch the 3 hour pre-show and draft centre on the network instead of the live SD. I think everything came off a let better on there. Loved all the unscripted interviews, Jericho was a hoot and a few hours of Lita is no joke.

If you just read the list the first poster put up it looks like nothing changed but the way it filtered through the draft centre it felt like far more of a big deal. Plus I didn't have to watch any of the pointless matches.

I thought more of a big deal would have been made out of Eva Marie to be honest. Should have had her in Natalyas' place which seemed totally random. I would have rather seen her on Raw though. Pull the heat trigger!

Maybe my fantasy booking scenario of having Cena and Orton teaming up in a series of ultra competitive win trading bouts with American Alpha is destined to come true......

Eva on Smackdown is smart imo. With AJ Styles near the top of the brand and American Alpha to come in hot, should be quite a 'smart' crowd most weeks. That and they have the best pure babyface woman on the mains on that brand for her to be an utter bitch to. Think the chances of the NXT uber-heat being continued are quite good.

I didn't watch the non-televised drafts, I'm struggling to imagine Bryan coming up with a reason for drafting her

Eva on Smackdown is smart imo. With AJ Styles near the top of the brand and American Alpha to come in hot, should be quite a 'smart' crowd most weeks. That and they have the best pure babyface woman on the mains on that brand for her to be an utter bitch to. Think the chances of the NXT uber-heat being continued are quite good.

I didn't watch the non-televised drafts, I'm struggling to imagine Bryan coming up with a reason for drafting her

He loves Kendrick, maybe it could be because he's training her . . . tenuous but something. 

I'm fairly satisfied with the draft but in theory, they have basically just palmed off everyone that hasn't really been doing anything over the past few months onto Smackdown. With the exception of Ambrose and Styles, who isn't on RAW that hasn't been featuring recently? They've still got Reigns, they've still got Jericho/Owens/Cesaro/Zayn/Sheamus/Rusev in the midcard, they've still got the same top women and and the same top tag teams.

Funnily enough though, I don't mean that as a bad thing because that just means Smackdown will feel a lot fresher, and to think I'm saying that about a show with Cena and Orton! But there are plenty of fresh combinations a main event scene of Ambrose/Styles/Cena/Orton/Wyatt to keep them occupied for the next few months.

The only thing I do wish is that they'd have given the blue brand a bit more of a midcard. American Alpha and Becky Lynch are great, but there's not that much for them to work with, is there? Even people like Paige and The Dudleys, who aren't gonna be doing anything on RAW anyway, would've added something.

Archived