Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

I'm so gutted, I was pinning a fair bit on this draft, call me stupid for thinking this company could do anything right but I thought it might reinvigorate my interest in WWE, but I now see it will basically be Stephanie, it's always Stephanie, I want her to go and have another kid with that big nosed cunt so she has to take time off.

Eh? We now have a show with no Stephanie that isn't three hours long, has Daniel Bryan as GM, Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss being fit as fuck and has John Cena, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, American Alpha and Mojo Rawley wrestling! OK, forget Randy Orton.

With NXT and CWC, they should be catering for everyone.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Smackdown to me became the must-watch show here.

Raw has a cruiserweight division of about 5 people, Steph, and Roman Reigns. Think i'll pass.

Yeah the blue brand has the better main event scene imo with Cena, Orton, Ambrose and Styles plus Miz, Del Rio and Wyatt as a bridge between them and Midcard. Raw only really has Reigns and Rollins as Lesnar will be occasional and I'm not all that interested in seeing Sheamus or Jericho in that spot

Fucking three. No reason for it.

What?
Three commentators. Completely pointless. What 'role' do Saxton and Otunga fill? Annoying enough even if our 'colour' options aren't already dreadful.

Taking it at face value, Cole and Ranallo are the neutral PBP guys for each brand so you need a face/heel dynamic on the colour commentator side. Graves and Saxon worked well on NXT with Rich Bennan and initially with Tom Phillips before Saxton stayed on the main roster. JBL and Otunga may take a bit of time to click though

I did figure that shortly after my post. No idea why the PBPs have to be neutral robots though. Monsoon and JR were never that and they are the best examples the company has had. This and the third guy, or the face guy, whatever, just sounds like a goon every week. Half of what Saxton say must be along the lines of "whoa!", "this is awesome!", "I'm shocked!", "now that hurts", or he'll just make us cringe titting along to the SAWFT stuff or tell us for the billionth time that Ambrose is known as the Lunatic Fringe. I reckon the PBPs could handle the extra workload in honesty, these 2 tits can go interview people backstage

Cole also doesn't mind the odd little jab at Saxton along with JBL and I reckon it's cos he knows the dynamic is complete shit

If Bayley isn't the mystery partner on Sunday I'm just going to assume that someone with pull doesn't rate her.

A mixed bag of a draft imo. Main event picks were mostly what I expected but the middle of the card was all over the place and seemed random for the same of random at points.

The Women's and tag divisions are going to suffer imo. There isn't enough talent for brand exclusive titles even including NXT talent so splitting them up defies logic.

Both McMahon's were rubbish.

Said it before and I will say it again, Becky Lynch is one of the best pure faces on the roster. Strap a rocket on her back dammit.

Nattie is 1000 time's more suited to a heel role.

Still interested in seeing how it all plays out when the dust finally settles.

Said it before and I will say it again, Becky Lynch is one of the best pure faces on the roster. Strap a rocket on her back dammit.

I like Becky, but what more can they do with her now she is on a show where she is going to be feuding with Alexa Bliss, Eva Marie, Naomi & Natalya, and with the women's belt on Raw? There wasn't a deep enough roster of women before the draft, and splitting them up will mean repeated feuds every few months or long drawn out feuds.

Was there any explanation given why Mojo and Carmella were chosen over Joe, Nakamura, Bayley or Asuka? I FFWed through most of the show, so I might have missed a passing comment.

• Paid Members

Yeah thinking about it the draft may have totally fucked Lynch over in the long term.

Absolute opposite IMO. It's Sasha's time next. if Becky's on Raw, she's second fiddle to Sasha week after week. On SD, she's winning feuds over Natalya, Naomi, Eva Marie and Alexa. Plus whoever else they bring up. In a year, she's primed and ready to be drafted for her turn.

Archived