Smackdown Discussion Thread

It's a mess at the moment.

Would have preferred a split of divisions to make things easier for example Raw gets the tag team division, SD gets the women's division.

I don't think either division is strong enough to be split over two brands and currently SD now have women wrestlers and tag-teams but no titles.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems the NXT call-ups were viewed live and unspoiled by the NXT locker room, some nice vids on the WWE facebook of the reactions

• Paid Members

That show on the Network was a mixed bag. You get Renee and Lita looking fucking glorious. On the other hand you get Booker talking nonsense and Corey Graves being the most arrogant cunt on earth.

Some strange stuff with them not wanting to rape NXT.

"Hey, Mick, we could still take Joe or Nakamura!"

"Raw chooses Summer Rae"

Actually, quite believable.

• Paid Members

Tbh, as a show it was pretty nothing-y.

What the fuck were you expecting?

and Kalisto not on cruiserweight brand are things that stood out to me.

That immediately stood out to me having made the genius prediction yesterday that he'll be the face of the Cruiserweight "division". I guess they don't want him pigeon-holed. 

Mojo Rawley? Seriously?

It's now or never. He adds nothing to NXT and he's not going to get much better. So you might as well use him to fill the main rosters. Shouldn't have been part of the draft though.  

Usually I don't mind her, but Stephanie was utterly unbearable on this show. From the impersonations to the shite announcing voice she was doing.

Strangely I didn't mind her on this show. Apart from the needless dig at Shane right at the start. 

It's a mess at the moment.

There are a few odd things coming off the draft but I wouldn't say it was a mess. They're clearly going with two similar but separate promotions. We'll need to wait to see if they're going to float the Champs or have unique titles on each show but they've lined it up so it'll work both ways.

Liked Becky Lynch getting drafted away from Charlotte, Sasha and Paige - she should shine now.

Liked the idea of a Wyatt split but now worried it's so they can push the dumb fuck while Bray is saddled with Rowan.

Styles going at #3 made him look like a star. Splitting the club opens up an angle with Balor on Raw which is cool.

They seem to have telegraphed the finishes to the IC & US title matches even more obviously too.

Tbh, as a show it was pretty nothing-y.

What the fuck were you expecting?

I had foolishly hoped the draft would flow better and garner more crowd response across the board. Got fond memories of the 04/05 drafts, expected a lil more. Only matches in between drafts was pretty noticeable too.

New Announce teams announced as well

Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Byron Saxton on Raw, Mauro Ranallo, JBL, David Otunga on Smackdown

So Jerry Lawler has been sacked off completly now it seems, Saxton must be relieved to be away from JBL and his constant snide comments, poor old Otunga he'll probably get that tretment now

Fucking three. No reason for it.

What?

Three commentators. Completely pointless. What 'role' do Saxton and Otunga fill? Annoying enough even if our 'colour' options aren't already dreadful.

I hate the fucking sound of my own voice and opinion but Stephanie, she is a cancer within this company. What is actually wrong with her, why for every Wrestler drafted would she do some kind of signature, "CRUUUUUUUUSH, CRUUUUUUSH" for Rusev, "WELLLLLLLLLLLL" for Big Show, and then you have got that bumbling wazzack Shane "BIG SHOW DANIEL, WHICH WAY DID HE GO, WHICH WAY DID HE GO", fucking sweaty wreck.

I'm so gutted, I was pinning a fair bit on this draft, call me stupid for thinking this company could do anything right but I thought it might reinvigorate my interest in WWE, but I now see it will basically be Stephanie, it's always Stephanie, I want her to go and have another kid with that big nosed cunt so she has to take time off.

The only person with any charisma on this show is Bryan, and he just stands there looking embarrassed about Shane, like when your uncle would meet you for a pint when you were about 18 in town, you'd give him the look that said don't you fucking show me up you old twat.

Those NXT call ups - Utter bollocks.

And they are doing it aren't they, they are doing the one thing they shouldn't fucking do, Raw VERSUS Smackdown, the old red and blue tank tops have been dusted down and here we go, WRESTLING ISN'T A TEAM SPORT. This company is controlled by one guy, both brands, every decision, we know this. I swear to god this is the company that gives us shows like Breaking Ground and 24 where they basically throw up a disclaimer saying we know it's fake, so we aren't bothering to even pretend anymore, one minute Owens and Zayn hate each other, the next they are sitting eating barbecue food together. The same company then tries to make us believe they are competing from within and that 2 people are running things on each show, NO. Fucking NO, every script, every show gets passed to Vince who makes all decisions. Just fuck off.

Fucking three. No reason for it.

What?

Three commentators. Completely pointless. What 'role' do Saxton and Otunga fill? Annoying enough even if our 'colour' options aren't already dreadful.

Taking it at face value, Cole and Ranallo are the neutral PBP guys for each brand so you need a face/heel dynamic on the colour commentator side. Graves and Saxon worked well on NXT with Rich Bennan and initially with Tom Phillips before Saxton stayed on the main roster. JBL and Otunga may take a bit of time to click though

Archived