Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I see Smackdown has started opening with Saturday Nights Main Event style interviews. I approve of this. Hope they keep doing it.

I love these as well, they've done it the last 2 weeks now.

Interested to see if they're genuinely getting behind Zack Ryder - a new version of his theme debuted here and he got a clean pin on Sheamus. He then challenged Rusev for the United States title... they had a match on Main Event 2 weeks ago that was more fun than any of the Rusev vs Titus matches

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ivprb_rusev-w-lana-vs-zack-ryder_sport

Looks like I'll be tuning in tonight. The main event looks like it could be interesting.

Does the draft actually start tonight too?

Has Reigns suspension run out yet? If it has then I can see him interfering in the main event.

so here's what we have then, NXT call-ups in bold.

Raw:
Big Cass
Big E
The Big Show
Bo Dallas
Braun Strowman
Brock Lesnar
Bubba Ray Dudley
Chris Jericho
Cesaro
Curtis Axel
Darren Young
D-Von Dudley
Enzo Amore
Epico
Finn Balor
Goldust
Jack Swagger
Karl Anderson
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Luke Gallows
Mark Henry
Neville
Primo
Roman Reigns
R-Truth
Rusev
Sami Zayn
Seth Rollins
Sheamus
Sin Cara
Titus O'Neil
Xavier Woods
-
Alicia Fox
Charlotte
Dana Brooke
Lana
Nia Jax
Paige
Sasha Banks
Summer Rae

SmackDown:
Aiden English
Alberto Del Rio
AJ Styles
Apollo Crews
Baron Corbin
Bray Wyatt
Chad Gable
Dean Ambrose
Dolph Ziggler
Erick Rowan
Fandango
Jason Jordan
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
John Cena
Kalisto
Kane
Konnor
The Miz
Mojo Rawley
Randy Orton
Simon Gotch
Tyler Breeze
Viktor
Zack Ryder
-
Alexa Bliss
Becky Lynch
Carmella
Eva Marie
Maryse
Naomi
Natalya

Tbh, as a show it was pretty nothing-y. Breaking up The Club but not the Dudleyz is..? Owens and Zayn still on same brand. and Kalisto not on cruiserweight brand are things that stood out to me. Strowman solo career should be cracking. Wonder how Gallows & Anderson fare from now on - might it be Balor Club?

Bliss is a decent call-up but along with Jax and Carmella, where the fuck is that NXT Women's Div going next? I'd have taken Bliss v Asuka at a Takeover down the line. Bayley obviously saved for the tag at Battleground. HYPED for American Alpha. NOT HYPED for Mojo

Heath Slater didn't get drafted! I suppose he will be wandering both shows asking why he didn't get drafted before he gets his ass kicked, which is....a role I guess

what's going on with The Undertaker?

Mojo Rawley? Seriously? I haven't seen much NXT for a while but he has sucked every single time I've seen a match, promo, or even episode of breaking ground.  Glad they kept Nakamura on ice tbh, but I was hoping they would pull the trigger on Joe. There are some seriously good matches to be made with him.  

I'm not sure if Balor will be able to stay face for too long so a link up with Gallows and Anderson makes sense. But how cool would a four-man stable have been? I would have been frothing on that. 

• Paid Members

Usually I don't mind her, but Stephanie was utterly unbearable on this show. From the impersonations to the shite announcing voice she was doing.

Also, from the list above, there's no Luke Harper. What is happening with that guy?

Usually I don't mind her, but Stephanie was utterly unbearable on this show. From the impersonations to the shite announcing voice she was doing.

Also, from the list above, there's no Luke Harper. What is happening with that guy?

Harper, Tyson Kidd, Emma and Tamina are the injury list and none of them got drafted tonight.

Rosa Mendes also didn't get drafted because of maternity leave.

Apart from that, Ryback, we know all about and I guess they're gonna do some jokey shit with Heath Slater.

'Taker, being more Lesnar status of occasional wrestler than HHH/Rock extremely occasional wrestler and being nowhere near this felt a little odd to me. Didn't realize til Foley bought up his HIAC bump and bafflingly turned it into a segue for drafting Cesaro

Archived