Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becky lost to a cheating heel due to outside interference behind the refs back, I'd hardly call that jobbing. As for Dana it's great to see her on the main roster. She might not be the best wrestler but she's absolutely full of personality and incredibly easy to hate.

I watched SD in two halves.

Do my eyes deceive me or has Tyler Breeze been given something to do?! I'm well up for a tag team with Fandango.

I can't believe they actually spent 4 weeks messing around to build it up as well.

Who is Apollo Crews though? And by that I mean we know nothing about the character, there isn't a reason to like or get behind him as far as a casual viewer is concerned, he doesn't talk much either, he's just be thrown onto Raw/Smackdown without any reason or backstory. 

The only thing that makes him stand out is his green (no pun intended) entrance and that's about it, even his music is bland. 

He just comes across as a generic CAW you would find on Smackdown 2 with a flashy moveset and a shit entrance. 

Who is Apollo Crews though? And by that I mean we know nothing about the character, there isn't a reason to like or get behind him as far as a casual viewer is concerned, he doesn't talk much either, he's just be thrown onto Raw/Smackdown without any reason or backstory. 

The only thing that makes him stand out is his green (no pun intended) entrance and that's about it, even his music is bland. 

He just comes across as a generic CAW you would find on Smackdown 2 with a flashy moveset and a shit entrance. 

It's been an incredibly lazy introduction -  first of all on NXT and now on the main roster. He should have stayed in NXT and been teamed with Rich Swan to bring out some of the personality that he needs and cover some of the weaknesses.

He did receive a proper introduction, vignettes and interviews building up his debut. Also he's a video package on his background. I just think in comparison to everyone else, he's nothing special. Just a generic guy who does a few cool moves with zero charisma and always smiling. He's lucky he has a good physique because he'd be in deep trouble by now.

• Paid Members

I imagine Vince saw a jacked guy with movez and made a tent. He's black too, so diversity and stuff.

Like Corbin, he's not the guys they should have called up. Clearly still needed to work on some things before being ready. Corbin has improved greatly, so maybe he makes the step up, but I fear for Apollo.

Archived