Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Remember when we didn't use to watch Smackdown? Surely that's gotta come to an end now with the TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT continuing this week?! AJ Styles Vs Del Rio?

Honestly, I think WWE is about to embark on a really special year. Yeah it started a bit shit but things are picking up. The secondary shows are starting to look more like NXT with the new talent spread across them. Having purchased the network I've gone a bit WWE mad and at 35, I think i'm at the peak of my wrestling fandom haha. I'm attempting to watch Main Event and Superstars too, because, you know, somebody needs to keep an eye on Fandango to make sure he's not cutting himself. No point starting a new thread. Pretty sure the likes of Breeze ( :dickin: ), Corbin (yay!), Emma (yay!), Vaudevillains (hmmmm....) and Apollo Crews (boo!) will be hanging out here mostly for a while. So yeah, C and D level goodness!

It's ok, you are permitted to skip through the Apollo matches.

This week on Main Event, the Social Outcasts! Where they belong, out of sight to the majority. Kalisto (where the fuck is Ryback?), Apollo Crews (being wretched) and that Ziggler/Owens match you saw 17 times on Raw last year! However some brief gold from Owens right at the end.

Really enjoyed Smackdown again. Enzo is brilliant, just brilliant, not just on the mic but I find his babyface in peril stuff really good. They bring a freshness to the tag division.

Look out for Del Rio's inverted suplex on AJ off the tope rope, fuck me I turned away at the point of impact cringing, it didn't look like there was enough rotation and I dare say that was a VERY lucky escape for AJ.

I've been watching Smackdown most weeks since the start of the year and it has been really good. Always some good matches, Raw recaps if you can't be arsed watching 3 hours on a Tuesday and the show has an urgency to it with it only being two hours.

I think if Smackdown ditched Byron, added Graves to the great team of Mauro and King, perhaps had a new lick of paint (different Tron or ring ropes colour) and positioned the IC belt as a priority with a big storyline focus then it could be a great unique show. It's making some good strides.

Graves might not be to everyone's taste but at least he has some conviction and has a more contemporary look. Byron is like a teacher trying to reinforce how much fun a school trip is. Empty, embarrassing words for the sake of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived