Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still adore the New Day but 'booty' definitely jumped the shark a while back. It was a fun little insult for Langston to chuck about with his amazing facials but don't like it as their catchphrase

And yeah, saw a clip of AJ and Owens on facebook and thought 'fuck sake, spaffing that on Smackdown' was hoping it was a tag between AJ & Zayn v Owens & Y2J but sigh... I'll still check it out mind you

I thought AJ/KO was great for a B show main event. The rum finish makes me want to see them explore it a bit further, but I imagine KO/Zayn is the post-Mania plan.

If AJ gets his big win over Jericho at Mania, like I expect, it'll be interesting to see where he goes next. I mean, I'm a huge AJ fan, so I'd like to see him get a plum spot against an Ambrose, Orton, Cena, Lesnar etc.. But even something like an IC feud with Ryback could be fun.

Hang on, they blew their load with this on Smackdown?

Not really. It was booked in such a way that they didn't really give anything away but still felt like a decent main event up until the screwy finish which left me wanting more.

It was basically a tease for a possible something in the future. A highly entertaining tease.

• Awards Moderator

I still adore the New Day but 'booty' definitely jumped the shark a while back

Unfortunately that cereal box is selling like hot cakes. The catchphrase is going nowhere.

• Paid Members

Hang on, they blew their load with this on Smackdown?

Not really. It was booked in such a way that they didn't really give anything away but still felt like a decent main event up until the screwy finish which left me wanting more.

It was basically a tease for a possible something in the future. A highly entertaining tease.

Nice one, cheers. Sounds pretty encouraging in that case.

• Paid Members

A couple of midcarders main eventing an episode of SmackDown shouldn't surprise anybody, WWE don't care about 'saving' anything for future programmes. In any case, this was to further the Styles/Jericho feud ultimately. It certainly wasn't a case of them blowing their load on a hot match too early.

Archived