Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

I think it's the lack of JBL. Without him barking every other second, Lawler is actually able to get a word in. JBL doesn't shut the fuck up, spouting bollocks and making inane, pointless references to football and UK culture so he can get a few tweets from the British fans and have his name chanted at the post-Mania Raw.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how JBL gets away with that stuff, considering the stories that we're always told about McMahon screaming down the headsets micromanaging. Is it because he's Vince's mate? Or does Vince endorse it to drive social media engagement? Or does he just not care about the commentary anymore except when there's a particular storyline to push?

• Paid Members

I noticed Ranollo this week said "As Smackdown rolls on..." as they went to the ads. That's one of Vince's fucking lines!

Apart from the really good Dudleys promo, fuck all happened in the first 80 mins of Smackdown. Absolute horseshit. Agree the six man was fun and the main event was good until the botched finish.

• Paid Members

I say yay. It's the first Smackdown I've watched in years and it was pretty good. I think it only equates to an hour and a half viewing when you take out the ads and it revolved around only a few storylines. The AJ/Jericho feud was the main angle throughout most of the show, which is coming along well I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived