Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

They need to get the flow of AJ's entrance sorted. The pyro should blow as he throws the hood off as the music kicks back in. The bar-and-a-half rest before that should be tension building, head down posing time.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, agree with that Statto. Maybe change up the production so you don't see him creeping out and getting in position.

The worst for this is Kane. His entrance used to be perfect: eery organ intro, stop - pyro - then walk out as the music kicks in. Now the pyro goes off straight away and he fumbles out whilst the organ intro is going. It's bothered me like fuck since he started doing it like this.

• Paid Members

Everything about that picture is amazing. The firework dispay and the mini MSG entrance were tremendous. I remember when MSG still had that entrance a few years back, WWE had this class LED wall which opened up, with the LED walls at either side of it. Looked brilliant. It'll never happened, but a smaller entrance would be a fine change.

• Paid Members

They should have awesome lights in trademark shining down patterns on the ring like in the mid 90s.

God, this. Bret had his hearts, Razor had his razors, Kid had err... a 1, a 2 and a 3. The different lights for everyone helped distinguish each character and it shocks me that there aren't more efforts made today to make people's entrances look different from each other.

• Paid Members

The RR from MSG when Cena (2008?) returned is one of my favorites mainly for that entrance. Looked great and the shock in that setting was quite something.

So much focus on HD and what not now they've forgotten that less is more. Blue ring with coloured ropes, props on the entrance, would be so refreshing.

• Paid Members

They should have awesome lights in trademark shining down patterns on the ring like in the mid 90s.

God, this. Bret had his hearts, Razor had his razors, Kid had err... a 1, a 2 and a 3. The different lights for everyone helped distinguish each character and it shocks me that there aren't more efforts made today to make people's entrances look different from each other.

I suppose the LED ring apron is the modern-day version of this - everyone has their logo/style/whatever on the apron as they enter.

But yeah, retro lights would be better.

The first part was obvious, wasn't it? It looks pretty clear that they're going to go down the 'does he even belong in the WWE?' route. Which is shit, because stories based around losing are shit, particularly when the loser (and I use that word deliberately) is the babyface.

Meh.

Archived