Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Someone for him to do a Styles Clash on. Someone to showcase him against. Someone who doesn't particularly get hurt by the loss. Someone for him to BEAT. More guys that aren't quite main event (yet) should be pinning a Curtis Axel or Zack Ryder on most TVs rather than winning and losing in equal measures against each other.

• Paid Members

Logical booking. You're not going to blow your load by chucking him on with dream match opponents on an episode of Smackdown, are you? Well actually WWE probably will, but they didn't this time.

This is the type of match we need to see MORE of, rather than endless 50/50 matches between the overflowing pool of midcarders that leaves us with nothing to look forward to on the big shows.

• Paid Members

Just watched the match, enjoyable little bout. Axel cut a promo on AJ before that made the match even more logical- he was fuming that AJ had ended his 360+ tenure in the Royal Rumble by eliminating him.

This is also the first time I've listened to Ranallo- really impressed. I really like the fact that his voice is ever so slightly deeper than most play-by-play guys. Sick of the high-pitched excited style you hear from everyone in WWE.

Couple of things that weren't smooth from Styles from the YouTube highlights. Axel fed him his arm so he could reverse out of a suplex when spinning out but Styles didn't take it. The backflip from the corner didn't work too. Axel probably needed to be closer to catch him but it's quite low.

I'm sure he'll be fine, just some things to iron out.

• Paid Members

The corner thing was meant to be a bigger version of the Pele kick, right? That's how Ranallo called it and I believed him and thought it was fine.

But Christ that other thing you mentioned- a little miscommunication that happens in most matches from even the best. But I'm sure he'll get there one day.

The corner thing was meant to be a bigger version of the Pele kick, right? That's how Ranallo called it and I believed him and thought it was fine.

But Christ that other thing you mentioned- a little miscommunication that happens in most matches from even the best. But I'm sure he'll get there one day.

I presumed it was supposed to be landing into a reverse DDT.

Yeah, I'm being very nit-picky but someone said the Jericho match was a bit disjointed too. Just to be clear, I'm not slating him, just it's been a long time since someone has come straight onto the main roster from the outside and I think there's perhaps these little things that get ironed out in developmental.

Archived