Smackdown Discussion Thread

He been working singles because Sin Cara dos separated his shoulder and hasn't been cleared yet.

He'll get over if he strings a few wins together, but going 50/50 just makes him, and the person he's against, just look average. Rather having an aura of 'these superstars are so evenly matched, anybody can beat anybody on any given night), you end up looking at it as 'they win as much as the lose'. If they were a Premier League team, everyone would be Stoke or Everton.

What happens on Smackdown, coupled with him cleanly beating Ryback last year in the world title tournament to then just lose to Del Rio the next week, makes what happened on RAW has him coming across as a fluky sod and. It also (spoiler tagged because I can't remember when Smackdown airs here)-

devalues the title after they'd got it to mean something whilst it was on Cena. At the start of the week, since Wrestlemania it had changed four times (Rusev>Cena>Rollins>Cena>Del Rio). By the end of Thursday (Kayfabe) it had changed hands six times. What was the point? No- one has gained anything from it

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time they extend a feud out with rematches is shit (and I'm guessing the three singles title matches at the Rumble are all rematches of the last week of Raw and Smackdown, which is ridiculous) but Kalisto has been on the roster since last WrestleMania and he barely got a mention off any fucker on here between then and the ladder spot. Now all of a sudden he's getting the "I'm done with this company, fucking wankers ffs" dummy-spitting? Bizarre.

Plus he's a Rey Mysterio carbon copy, and Rey's stardom was never based on an undefeated streak. Playing 50/50 with Del Rio is a promotion for this lad, considering he spent most of last year fighting Konor and Viktor on Superstars. Although as I said, I've not read any reports and I'm expecting there may well be more to it than that, given the big salty tears from those of you that have.

They had an unexpected memorable moment with a wrestler who isn't massively overexposed and they've destroyed any momentum he might've gained from it in literally the next show, it's not hard to see why people think it's shit

Every time they extend a feud out with rematches is shit (and I'm guessing the three singles title matches at the Rumble are all rematches of the last week of Raw and Smackdown, which is ridiculous) but Kalisto has been on the roster since last WrestleMania and he barely got a mention off any fucker on here between then and the ladder spot. Now all of a sudden he's getting the "I'm done with this company, fucking wankers ffs" dummy-spitting? Bizarre.

Plus he's a Rey Mysterio carbon copy, and Rey's stardom was never based on an undefeated streak. Playing 50/50 with Del Rio is a promotion for this lad, considering he spent most of last year fighting Konor and Viktor on Superstars. Although as I said, I've not read any reports and I'm expecting there may well be more to it than that, given the big salty tears from those of you that have.

Impotent rage and big salty tears are symptomatic of your weird internal idea of how angry you hope we are about this, and not indicative of how any of us actually are, though.

It perturbed me from a television standpoint to see such a shock feel good moment get reversed quickly on a Smackdown just to hang, draw and quarter the thing out for a 'Rumble rematch. Personally I'm not a fan of how it sounds.

I'm not ripping my fingernails off screaming for Detective Mills.

Impotent rage and big salty tears are symptomatic of your weird internal idea of how angry you hope we are about this, and not indicative of how any of us actually are.

It perturbed me from a television standpoint to see such a shock feel good moment get reversed quickly on a Smackdown just to hang, draw and quarter the thing out for a 'Rumble rematch. Personally I'm not a fan of how it sounds.

I'm not ripping by fingernails off screaming for Detective Mills.

Intersting two posts here. I'm of the view that as Pit points out, nobody really gave it too much thought for him until Monday night i suppose. This kid must be wrapped to be given a fantastic opportunity to showcase himself on worldwide TV, fight for a title and compete against Del RIo. I just can't get my head around the logic to give him the world on one night, and hand it back the following evening for a taping. No sense whatsoever, none.

That's it, it's flawed now. That after thought is stuck now in the minds for fans around the world. Whether fans get worked up and some where they're done with this product, then there's plenty of alternatives from everywhere it seems.

I digress, it's just shitty and typical of a company with serious faults committed and this is a poor one I feel

Man that was a blow, I honestly thought they would go "right, we clearly have a little bit of something here, let's run with it and see where it goes". On Monday night he got a bigger pop than Reigns has gotten since he started chasing the title or since he won the title, on Monday's show he was the most over guy they had.

He will sell merchandise, he appeals to the Hispanic audience, of which I am sure there will be plenty at Mania.

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it but i think they handled it poorly and it is symptomatic of the deep rooted problems within the company, the amount of 50/50 booking is absolutely ridiculous. Elevate, fucking elevate someone, ANYONE.

• Paid Members

On Monday night he got a bigger pop than Reigns has gotten since he started chasing the title or since he won the title, on Monday's show he was the most over guy they had.

Let's not go overboard now, this isn't true is it? He got a decent pop, but I certainly wouldn't say he got a bigger pop than when Reigns started chasing the title. Reigns' title win from Sheamus for a start got a massive pop.

On Monday night he got a bigger pop than Reigns has gotten since he started chasing the title or since he won the title, on Monday's show he was the most over guy they had.

Let's not go overboard now, this isn't true is it? He got a decent pop, but I certainly wouldn't say he got a bigger pop than when Reigns started chasing the title. Reigns' title win from Sheamus for a start got a massive pop.

Maybe you are right with the actual title win, the moment the 3 count was made was a decent pop for Reigns, apart from that he gets zero reaction, it's pathetic, it's not even Boo's anymore it is just apathy. So i guess yes you are right, but I think my point is still valid, they have so few people the fans give a shit about that in my opinion they need to cling on to anything they can.

As I say, he will be just another mid card guy trading wins and losses with Ziggler soon enough so it's irrelevant.

Don't be silly, Kalisto gets Austin-level reactions. Or he would have been until they buried him, the dirty fucking wanker bastards!!!

I can't really grasp why they'd pay big money to bring him back. You couldn't even have him as a B-PPV world title contender at this point, surely. He's just there to watch football in the hotel with Sheamus and talk about how all these new Triple H kids aren't as good as the Johnny Ace crew.

Don't be silly, Kalisto gets Austin-level reactions. Or he would have been until they buried him, the dirty fucking wanker bastards!!!

Who is actually saying anything like that on here though? You're arguing against things no one has said

• Paid Members

They had an unexpected memorable moment with a wrestler who isn't massively overexposed and they've destroyed any momentum he might've gained from it in literally the next show, it's not hard to see why people think it's shit

Well said. Wind your neck in KP it sums up the shambles currently. It's perfectly acceptable to be annoyed now because it's so predictable and so typical. The minute there's any remote sense of some getting over (regardless of whether he's been around a year or not) they sack him off. The same way reigns is getting screwed at the Rumble to build up to a "Mania Moment" that should have happened at Survivor Series. For so many "wrestling biz" people in the company it beggars belief they can't book a single, logical storyline from start to finish. Cannot understand the point of it.

Archived