Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

The challenger causing the I champion to lose a match to a third party by count-out is a fair more palatable way to advance the story for their forthcoming match whereas in previous months the champ simply dropping a non-title pin (usually clean) to the challenger WAS the story. One makes the champion look weak, the other doesn't.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The challenger causing the I champion to lose a match to a third party by count-out is a fair more palatable way to advance the story for their forthcoming match whereas in previous months the champ simply dropping a non-title pin (usually clean) to the challenger WAS the story. One makes the champion look weak, the other doesn't.

Absolutely spot on, just came in to post exactly that

Bryan's mentioned in recent interviews about wanting to turn Smackdown in to a show with must see matches and I think this IC title reign could be really good for the show.

Bryan looked great, Sheamus was very physical and his trash talking made him look even more imposing and Barrett is perfect in this role as already mentioned.

It's nice seeing the WWE championship on Smackdown, it's been a long time. I'd stay away from these Authority segments on Smackdown though because it feels like Raw-lite without Triple H and Steph there.

• Paid Members

Liked Sheamus' new entrance, and at least he's trying to freshen his act up with the new look. Enjoyed Smackdown overall (minus the Kane and Big Show bits,wish they'd both just fuck off for a while), certainly a better show than Linus review made it out to be.

I like heel Sheamus.

I hope they give him the IC title by Summerslam, a IC/US title unification match between him and Cena at Mania 32 would be excellent IMO.

I'd have Sheamus win and throw the US title in the bin the next night on Raw, ~~heel heat!

Anyway, if we keep getting TV main events involving a combo of Bryan, Sheamus, Barrett, Ziggler, Harper etc I'll be watching Smackdown.

• Paid Members

I thought smackdown was cool, I love the new Sheamus, him specifically hating the Internet darling type wrestlers is a great idea. I can't believe he got rid of his music, I thought he'd have it forever. The main event was great. I've never liked Bryan because I'm not keen on his appearance or gimmick but I find myself actually worrying for his health when I watch his matches now, I wince like I'm watching a Kurt Angle match every time he takes a big move, he looks fucked.

Prime time players were great too.

Archived