Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mauro must be sacked btw surely? Last week 'weather', this week 'off sick'. Piss poor on-air excuses.

The Weather was almost certainly true last week, the storms in the North were quite bad so not out of the realms of possibility he couldn't make it

However he hasn't tweeted since then and he is usually pretty active on there so that is certainly odd and out of character for him 

EDIT: Add me into being more then fine with AJ vs Shane at Mania, its certainly a bigger more high profile match for AJ then having a straight forward 15 minute clinic with Zayn or something or other 

The Casuals all know Shane and those once a year watchers all love Shane matches knowing who he is and will be more invested and the match more memorable to them and get AJ more over for being in the ring with Shane then having a great Wrestling match with some of the names mentioned will ever have done

There's no way Maryse/Bellas are genuinely pals again. Some of her insults were really on the bone. Fair play to herself & Miz though, really enjoyable watch.

I've no problem with Shane/AJ either, and AJ seems to be enjoying himself and full of confidence. Very good Mania payday coming his way I suppose.

Echo the love for the Miz & Maryse stuff.

Cena cut a blinding promo in response to it on Talking Smack too -

Fucking hell, Cena really is the greatest of all time isn't he? I've loved this feud with The Miz, everyone has been absolutely money. Bit bummed that it will presumably finish at WM.

I presume they've feuded before with all the Rock-Cena WM stuff. Anything in particular I should see from that era as I think they have great chemistry.

• Paid Members

Unfortunately Miz was a bit of an afterthought in that programme really. He did a spot-on Rock impression on Raw that was very good, and the "Hate Me Now" promo that aired at Wrestlemania was amazing. Other than that, I wouldn't really bother.

I never had time for the miz, but since maryse rocked up I can't get enough- maybe it's the old romantic in me? The skits were 'awesome', sorry- that's what I want to see on wwe, with the occasional great match.

And Ambrose is still ic champ? Had totally forgotten

The Miz/Maryse skits were excellent, and really brought Maryse out of herself like nothing she's ever been involved in before. Maybe it takes a legit disdain for someone to do that.

But this Bray Wyatt angle has utterly ruined Randy Orton for me. What a shambles it's become. There's no question now - he's squarely positioned as the babyface despite his indefensible actions at Whatever Show That Was. I know he's always had his critics, and his previous return from injury at the hands of The Authority was botched creatively, but this is the first time I've found his character totally impossible to invest in. He's been booked into a deeper hole than anyone of his level that I can remember, and for the first time I no longer care if he gets out.

Miz as Daniel Bryan this week was so good.

Randy Orton sucks. The hell was that supposed to be?

Smackdown has normally been the easier watch than Raw but I'm on the red team for Mania. Only really Taker V Reigns and Owens/Jericho I feel very excited about.

The Cena match should be fun enough and I'll see what AJ/Shane offers up I guess but I am a little disappointed with Smackdown since the last PPV.

Archived