Smackdown Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

I love him to death but does anyone else think AJ Styles is a bit poo on Talking Smack? He stumbles over his words and spits out daft criticisms of DB whilst scowling like a ten year old. He shows nothing like the excellent promo form he's had on the main show.

Wrestling fans criticise scripts all the time for their lack of fire and the limits they impose on the talent, but they obviously have merits for the less confident in an unscripted setting.

He's absolutely awful on Talking Smack. I don't know if it's because he doesn't have bullet points of what to actually talk about but I've thought the same as you: just stumbles over what he says, rambles, and never really makes much sense.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking smack is such a confusing show is it kayfabe, is it smart.

I came out of that show really liking the Uso's. I already thought their heel work is great but it actually baby faced them.

I think with AJ is that he's a great deliverer of lines but can't keep with improve. Corbin had the same problem the other week with Miz.

Really enjoyed Smackdown as well - that battle royal was superb other than the ending.

More top work in the woman's division the only thing I would have liked to have seen would have been a tournament for the title over the next few weeks.

It will be a triple threat match at mania after Harper beats AJ next week and then orton wins the triple threat match at mania . Baron Corbin to walk out of mania as IC champ. Alpha Team to still be champs after beating the Uso's. That's what i think will happen. I could be wrong.

At this moment in time i see it being Becky Lynch & Alexa bliss for title and Lynch with the win.

I also think Finn Balor and shinsuke Nakamura will be at mania in some capacity.

Plus a list of 3 former divas to appear at Wrestlemania 33 

1 Kelly Kelly

2 Victoria 

3 Beth Phoenix HoF Inductee 2017

I'm wondering G if we get a good old WrestleMania lumberjack match for the smack down womens title now between Mickie James and Alexa with an old vs new theme to it

As much as I like AJ he feels out of place in a Wyatt triple threat of much rather see the three way. I could see an ending where Orton RKOs bray for the belt bray starts to beat down Orton with Harper joining in but he gets the sister Abigail on bray Then you can do Harper Wyatt and move Orton on possibly against AJ after Mania

Smackdown is doing such a great job pushing fueds at a sensible pace.

Ambrose/Corbin and Alpha/Uso's are great, simple TV fueds over titles that would be perfect culminating at Wrestlemania.

I imagine they will both happen well before then but even so, its really good TV at the moment.

The match at mania between Big Show vs Shaq may be off after WWE.com published an interview with Big Show.

"I mean, here's the thing. We shot this off at the ESPY Awards, Shaq said he's in, I thought this would be a good match for fans to see two giants go at it. And I see Shaq riding around, singing karaoke and stopping in at Krispy Kreme. I'm like 'Hey! If you're not gonna take it serious, find something else to do!' I've given 22 years of my blood, sweat and tears to this business and I'm doing this favour to Shaq. This could be my last WrestleMania. He needs to step up. I'm not trying to be mean, but my time's valuable. I get it. I don't have foot powder commercials, car commercials, insurance commercials. I get it. He's a busy man. But if he's gonna step in the ring, in my business, at our biggest event of the year? Show me you're serious. If anything, talk a little trash. Let me know you're motivated. Because right now? I just get the feeling he's terrified. He shot his mouth off, he's in over his head and he's trying to back out/ So just let me know what's going on, brother." 

But it could all be a work. We will see ?

If Orton's been setting up Wyatt this whole time, as we've all assumed from the start, then his explanation promo after the turn is getting less convincing by the day.

"First I joined you and lulled you into a false sense of security. Then I divided the Wyatt Family from within, turning Harper against you while I retained your confidence. Then, despite having only a 1 in 7 success rate in Royal Rumbles, I decided I was going to win it this year because I had to fulfil my plan, which then involved you being invited by Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon to compete in the Elimination Chamber where, without any assistance, you would obviously win your first ever WWE Championship. So far, so diabolically simple. Next, having refused to challenge you at WrestleMania, I would watch Harper rebound from his loss to myself to somehow become number one contender, allowing me cause to step back into the match after all and take your title when you least saw it coming, which has left you totes gutted m8, so it was all worth the year of my life."

about this week's smackdown 28/02/2017 (not sure it will happen we shall see) and mania spoiler possibly if it happens. 

WWE are planning a huge NXT debut this week on smackdown and will be during the AJ vs Harper match. maybe Nakamura ? Gets involved and AJ loses match which leads to AJ vs Nakamura at mania. i hope so (But it is just talk and will see tuesday if it happens) Maybe Finn Balor

16997821_223774381423105_150963931802855

Archived